RESOURCE is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to work with children (mostly ages 0-4) for our Mothers Achieving Recovery through Family Unity Program (MARFU). You would find yourself helping children play arts and crafts, reading, homework, games, and other fun activities.
MARFU is a unique rehabilitation program because the mothers are able to live with their children for the duration of the program (6-9 months). This eliminates separation as a barrier to recovery as their family unity can stay intact.
We are looking for volunteers ages 16 & up that can commit to a minimum of 2-2.5 hours per week for 3 months or more.
The opportunity is available for Monday & Tuesday afternoons. 3:30 to 6 pm. Volunteers may have an opportunity to begin their volunteer shift earlier in the afternoon if they are interested and available to do so.
*be able to listen to and interact with children
*be able to supervise children effectively
*be able to assist staff in facilitating groups and caring for children
*assist with set up and clean up of room
*be able to work with others from diverse backgrounds
*be open to communication and sharing with others
*be flexible, responsible, engaging, patient, and fun
*be available for one 2-2.5 hour shift per week for 3 months or more
- Child Care
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly, At least 3 months.
- Minnesota Opportunity Corps...
- Drop-In Assistant (Crystal)
- Administrative/Clerical Support
- ArtWorks Volunteer
- Holiday Gift Program Assistant
- Love to Cook?
- Mock Interviewer -St Cloud, MN
- Job Seeker Tutor - St. Cloud
- Love Kids? Become a Children's...
- Drop-In Assistant (Minneapolis)
- Classroom/ Lab Assistant...
- Love Kids? Become a Childhood...
- Pet Therapy Provider
- Calling musicians
- Classroom/ Lab Assistant (St Paul)
- Activity Leader - Music Therapy
- Provide Music Therapy at our...
- Children's Activities Assistant
- On-Call Reader or Proctor