5 people are interested
Public Relations Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: LAIT911 FIRE CORP
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
LAIT911 is a 501(c)3 humanitarian wellness organization that provides resources to the public through community outreach, bringing awareness to the causes of and teaching how to mitigate the risk, impact, and threat of wildfires, home fires, and other natural disasters - along with providing resources for those currently or likely to be affected by a natural disaster.
- Write a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, brochures, and press releases
- Assist the marketing team in developing and implementing a communications strategy designed to further company objectives
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Stay up to date on industry trends and make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies and practices
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press
- Plan press conferences and other promotional events to help keep the organization top of mind
- Coordinate volunteers, support staff, vendors, and more to support promotional events
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, and influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand notoriety
- 2+ years experience in a communications or marketing role
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- An analytical mind and the ability to think critically
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Klaviyo or a similar program
- Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices
- Proficient public speaking abilities
This is a volunteer role where we are looking for a dedicated individual to help lead the non-profit's public relations/communications strategy. 10-15 hours per week may be expected depending on on-going projects and the campaign schedule.
About LAIT911 FIRE CORP
1663 E DATE PL #3991, SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92413, US
LAIT911 is an educational non-profit that provides resources to the public through community outreach, bringing awareness to the causes of and teaching how to mitigate the risk, impact and threat of wildfires, home fires, and other natural disasters - along with providing resources through established partnerships for those currently or likely to be affected by a natural disaster.
LAIT911’s core offering is the ability to receive alerts for major incidents, such as wildfires, to your mobile device at no cost. The LAIT911 system ties directly into local area 911 dispatch feeds for real-time incident alerting, allowing impacted individuals the most time to take appropriate action. LAIT911 is the fastest and most advanced emergency notification system that exists to this day.
In addition to mobile notifications, users can browse the online dashboard of incidents. The integrated web portal combines multiple data sources to provide the public with pertinent information and updates on events that may impact community safety. This dashboard also allows users to access additional information on incidents, including pertinent public safety updates, and view the vast archive of past incidents.
Today, LAIT911 is a registered non-profit that provides educational resources to the public through community outreach, bringing awareness to the causes of and teaching how to mitigate the risk, impact, and threat of wildfires, home fires, and other natural disasters - along with providing rehabilitation resources through established partnerships for those currently or likely to be affected by a natural disaster.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 16, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- 10-15 hours per week