9 people are interested
Volunteers Needed to Rescue Food & Fight Hunger In NYC!
ORGANIZATION: Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Who We Are
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a 501(c)3 non-profit that redistributes excess food to people experiencing food insecurity.
What We Do
We partner with licensed food vendors (restaurants, bakeries, etc) and businesses who order catering (offices, production companies, etc.) who know they will have excess, wholesome cuisine and link their food donations to a human service agency within their local community. Our dedicated team of Lead Rescuers collect that excess food on a set schedule (pickups can be once a week, daily, or anywhere in between) and deliver it to one of RLC's partner human service agencies to help feed our neighbors who can benefit from a good meal!
Who We Need
RLC is currently seeking passionate and committed leaders who are willing to take on the role of Lead Rescuer and lead food rescue events to ensure all food donations are rescued!
Each event is an hour or less and there are also other events every day of the week. You can choose to lead events on your own or to open them up for other volunteers to join you. There are food pickup opportunities each week and you can take a look at all available opportunities here: https://www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/calendar.
How To Get Started
- Create an account on our website: https://www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/volunteer
- Sign up for any event on our calendar (https://www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/calendar) that fits with your schedule
- Complete the remainder of the training process (available on your RLC website dashboard) to join our leadership team of volunteers as a Lead Rescuer and lead events on your own!
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004, US
The mission of RLC is to redistribute excess food to feed people experiencing food insecurity.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our food donors to nonprofit recipients, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 8 million pounds of food since our inception.
25 Pine StreetNew YorkNew York, NY 10005
December 16, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1+ hour per week - weekdays or weekends - day or night opportunities available!
- Must be 18 years or older, capable of walking for at least 1 hour, capable of lifting or carrying 20+ lbs