1 person is interested
Create and Lead Cultural and Historical Pub Tours for Travelers
ORGANIZATION: Hostelling International Boston
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The HI USA PUB TOUR allows our travelers to engage in a common social activity that allows an opportunity for them to learn more about the community and each other. The primary purpose of a PUB TOUR is to expose guests to new locations within our community and have conversations with other guests.
As the PUB TOUR volunteer, we ask that you ensure your program provides opportunities for guests to learn and share history, culture, and perspectives. When leading the PUB TOUR, we require the following:
- Each establishment you visit must have: A unique history/story that gives insight to the local culture, and/or inclusion of historically underrepresented / diverse perspectives of the city - this could be represented by neighborhood, clientele, ownership.
- The tour must include questions and/or activities that encourage conversations and/or reflection among the guests. Some examples include asking guests if they have locations with a similar history or inviting guest to share their favorite pub traditions!
By adding these elements into the PUB TOUR, we can ensure that our guests are getting an experience that is FUN, but also gives them an opportunity to gain a better understanding of our community and different perspectives!
PURPOSE/DEFINITION and HI USA MISSION
HI USA is 501(c)(3) non-profit education association. Our purpose is to "inspire a deeper understanding of people places and cultures for a more tolerant world." As a non-profit, the revenues we receive through overnight stays and memberships is reinvested in mission delivery.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH HI USA?
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Help bring people together and facilitate cultural exchange
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication, and more
- Earn HI USA membership and overnights at HI USA hostels
- Training provided and flexible schedule
- Have fun while making a difference!
Select the opportunity from this list https://hiusa.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/hiusa/projectList.jsp and then click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
About Hostelling International Boston
19 Stuart Street, Boston, MA 02116, US
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
Looking to go global but still stay local? Then come volunteer at Hostelling International Boston and help travelers from all over the world find their way around America's most historic city.
Hostelling International Boston (HI-Boston) is the third largest hostel in the United States, and is centrally located between the Chinatown and Theater Districts of Boston. HI-Boston is a division of Hostelling International USA (HI-USA) all of which are part of a worldwide, not-for profit organization dedicated to advancing the cultural interchange by facilitating worldwide travel. HI-Boston has operated a hostel in Boston since 1983 and opened a new hostel in June 2012. The new hostel is anticipated to bring more than 46,000 visitors to Boston each year, 60 percent of which will be international guests coming from over 85 countries. The facility has been constructed to LEED certification standards and is committed to a green initiative. HI-Boston is dedicated to its community and provides a location and outreach programming where Boston youth are educated about global cultures. For more information: www.bostonhostel.org
19 Stuart StreetBoston, MA 02116
December 15, 2022
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training