Regional Fundraising Stewardship Volunteer - Thank our Donors for their Support!!
ORGANIZATION: The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
Please visit the new page to apply.
Regional Fundraising Stewardship Volunteer
This position supports the Regional Development/Fundraising department. Assist with thanking our donors through acknowledgement letters, thank you phone calls, and other stewardship materials
- Support stewardship efforts by conducting donor thank you calls for unmanaged donors and sending handwritten, personalized communication.
- Utilize RC View to create map of Red Cross impact within a donor’s community.
- Prepare PowerPoint deck presentations for corporate donors.
- Assist with writing personalized thank you letters and cards for managed donors under direction of Relationship Manager.
- Help track benefits for donors by creating a benefits matrix/tracker.
- Sound the Alarm benefit execution
- R365 members benefit execution
- Giving Society recognition benefit execution
- Brainstorm and design creative thank you touchpoints, including donor gifts.
- Populate recognition certificates and plaques for donors, third-party fundraising events, or in-kind donors.
- Attend donor visits to talk about mission moment.
Time Commitment: Up to 2-4 hours as needed
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Strong attention to detail and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to plan and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Ability to coordinate and organize multiple functions and activities within deadlines
- Comfort with repetitive tasks
- Good with teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite is required
- Scripts will be provided for both written and verbal thank you notes and calls
- On the job training
Length of Appointment: 6 month commitment requested opportunity to extend if need be
- Strengthen relationship building skills
- Gain professional fundraising experience with a well-recognized and respected international organization
- Develop donor communications skills
- Play a significant role in helping the American Red Cross carry out its mission of helping individuals and families prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies
About The American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania
2201 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15222, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
2801 Liberty Ave.Pittsburgh, PA 15222
January 13, 2023
- Donor Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month