Addiction & Recovery Research Specialist VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Kennesaw State University
TO APPLY FOR THIS SERVICE OPPORTUNITY WITH THE AMERICORPS VISTA NETWORK AT KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY, PLEASE VISIT: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=104536.
Be the greater good in your community-- Join AmeriCorps VISTA at KSU!
What is AmeriCorps VISTA? AmeriCorps VISTA is a federal program that mobilizes volunteers in the spirit of service across the nation. As an AmeriCorps member in the VISTA program, you will support an organization to make sustainable change in areas that effect poverty, including education, public health, climate, access to benefits, and more. Through activities such as fundraising, grant writing, research, and volunteer recruitment, you will gain professional experience and leadership skills. This opportunity prepares you for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
Goal of the Overall VISTA Project: This position will assist Center for Young Adult Addiction & Recovery (CYAAR) staff in ensuring services across two campuses of Kennesaw State University by helping to elevate the program’s data collection by discovering and documenting innovative and practical best practices to better support students seeking and recovering from substance use disorder. Also assist in publishing best practices and insights gained with a goal of improving programmatic interventions, broadening service delivery options, and creating professional development materials, opportunities and/or processes that facilitate increases on campus and in the community. This role is a full-time, year-long opportunity.
1. Review existing policy and procedure documents to identify gaps in documented processes and work with CYAAR staff to develop appropriate policy and procedure documents for each functional area as needed
2. Assist with the implementation of a research plan to ensure timely and accurate collection of data reflecting attendance, retention, and program accomplishments to determine the CYAAR programs’ impact on students seeking and recovering from opioid use disorders, substance use, and eating disorders at KSU.
3. Assist the Primary Investigator through investigation, document connections of CYAAR’s theoretical premise and practice to communicate that knowledge via peer reviewed journal articles and other platforms.
4. Complete KSU’s IRB CITI training and collaborate with research partners across the country to expand access to and engagement with recovery science research.
5. Submit articles to peer reviewed journals for publication focused on higher education and/or substance use or eating disorders.
Program Benefits: Childcare assistance if eligible, 32 paid days off per year, Relocation Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Segal Education award of $6,495 upon successful completion of service, non-competitive eligibility for federal jobs, Health Coverage, bi-weekly Living Allowance of $675, Hybrid work schedule option (up to 2 remote days per week)
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Temporary
Salary: $1,350.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule- up to 2 days remote per week
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Rossbacher WayBuilding A, Suite 260Marietta, GA 30060
December 15, 2022
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME