Literacy Program Associate: Literacy Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Literacy Volunteers of Illinois
Under the direction of the Director of Program Development and in collaboration with other agency staff, provides support to the various programs and activities of Literacy Chicago.
- May serve as a one-to-one tutor for adults and/or teach educational classes
- Maintain records of tutoring and/or class sessions
- May assist with student evaluations and testing
- May assist with initial or in-service tutor training
- May assist with administrating assessments
- May assist with administrative tasks
- May assist in planning and implementation of tutor recognition activities
- May work on special projects or initiatives
- May assist with marketing and branding
- Help write news briefs about Literacy Chicago events
- Serve as an agency representative, as requested at meetings, fairs, and other events
- Provide written reports on meetings attended
- Assist as needed with administrative activities of Literacy Chicago
- Perform other duties as assigned
As a VOCAL AmeriCorps member, the Program Associate would work 15-20 hours a week, and would earn $700-850 a month. An educational grant of $3,247 would be awarded upon completion of the term of service.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
641 West Lake StreetChicago, IL 60661
December 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME