Special Events Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: National Museum of African American History and Culture
Become a Special Events Volunteer! You can support and contribute to the successful undertaking of the National Museum of African American History and Culture’s private events!
Apply at https://nmaahc.si.edu/connect/volunteer-program. Applications will be accepted from January 1, 2023-January 31, 2023.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILTIES MAY INCLUDE:
· Greeting and welcoming arriving guests
· Checking-in guests
· Distributing maps, programs, and/or handouts related to the event
· Providing wayfinding assistance to visitors
· Providing gallery support and reminding visitors not to bring their food or drink into the galleries
· Providing theatre support or ushering
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Strong interpersonal and customer services skills
· Discretion, even with high profile guests or public figures
· Flexibility in changing situations
· Ability to react quickly and solve problems
- All abilities are welcome, please let us know if you need accommodations at any point during this recruitment process.
· Background check is required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Volunteers must complete the trainings led by museum as described below
· The training program will be comprised of three virtual sessions and one in-person session. Volunteers must attend and complete all required trainings in order to be on-boarded into the program.
· Volunteers are asked commit to at least two years of service
· The majority of Special Events are scheduled on weekday evenings, with the occasional morning or weekend events. We are looking for volunteers who have availability between 5:30PM and 11PM on weekday evenings and 7AM-10AM on weekday mornings.
· Volunteers will be expected to serve at least 2 events per quarter.
· Volunteers must attend and complete all required trainings in order to be on-boarded into the program.
National Museum of African American History and Culture
1400 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20560
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1400 Constitution Avenue NorthwestWashington, DC 20560
December 15, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH