Director of Volunteer Engagement
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Faith That Does JusticeDirector of Volunteer Engagement~ 10 hours per week
A Faith That Does Justice (AFTDJ) is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how unjust societal structures marginalize people and by acting to help those in need. Our vision is people intentionally living their faith in action.
The Director of Volunteer Engagement provides virtual oversight and management of the volunteer program for AFTDJ. Critical to this role are the abilities to build strong partnerships both inside and outside AFTDJ and to recruit, place and retain a diverse and energized group of dedicated volunteer resources. Working with other AFTDJ Core Volunteers, the Director of Volunteer Engagement will work to expand the number of volunteer opportunities and ensure that vital AFTDJ operations are appropriately staffed to meet organization’s mission and goals. The Director of Volunteer Engagement will periodically interact with other volunteers to ensure that they remain committed to service with AFTDJ and have a rewarding personal and developmental experience while volunteering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage a new volunteer strategy that offers volunteers a meaningful, long term relationship with AFTDJ
- Work with other core volunteers to assess opportunities and needs for volunteers develop innovative opportunities for volunteer service throughout the organization
- Maintain a list of all volunteer roles with the focus on those that are "open"
- Maintain open volunteer position listings in VolunteerMatch and the AFTDJ website
- Respond to in-person, telephone, email and web communications from both prospective and active volunteers
- Recruit, screen, orient and match highly skilled volunteers with appropriate opportunities
- Work with other volunteer leaders to create volunteer policies and procedures, including volunteer forms, volunteer position role descriptions, volunteer handbook and a code of conduct
- Create volunteer orientation materials and work with other core volunteers to develop and administer program-specific volunteer training materials, as needed
- Determine communication protocols for volunteers and those working with them
- Promote the volunteer program, recruit volunteers, and significantly grow volunteer participation through public presentations, social media, the website, and volunteer events
- Maintain a reporting system to collect and track all volunteer information and participation
- Evaluate and mitigate risks associated with volunteer positions and ensure controls are in place to protect volunteers, programs, AFTDJ and the community
- Assist with conflict resolution among volunteers
- · Train core volunteers to work effectively and cooperatively with supporting volunteers in their area of focus
- Create and implement a volunteer recognition program and activities
Provide periodic updates on status and priorities to other volunteer leaders
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
300 Newbury StreetBoston, MA 02115
December 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK