Gender Advisor - Peru, Spanish, Canadians
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Cuso International
Location: Lima, Peru
Start Date: February 2023
Placement Length: 12 Months
Language Requirements: Spanish Level 4-Advanced
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only
The Volunteer’s Role
If you want to be part of the national effort to promote women's rights and support the reduction of discrimination affecting women in Peru, this could be an ideal position for you.
Apply for this position if you are passionate about working for gender equality and the promotion and defence of women's rights and contributing to a life free of violence and discrimination.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Formulate methodologies and practices that strengthen the empowerment of women in the upper parts of the Human Settlement José Carlos Mariátegui in the district of San Juan de Lurigancho, Lima.
- Design strategies to mainstream the gender approach in the institution.
- Promote alliances with state and civil society organizations dedicated to working with a gender perspective.
- Other related tasks that may be necessary as required by CENCA coordinators and/or the Cuso Country Representative.
- Professional in social sciences, literature and/or humanities with a special interest in the gender approach.
- Previous experience in organizations that develop the gender approach.
- Knowledge of gender and social development issues in Latin America
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ease of working with people from different cultures
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
What’s in it for YOU? A life-changing experience!
About Us, the Project and the Partner
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada.
Project - Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE)
Cuso International will deliver the Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) project, with a contribution from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) over seven years (2020-2027). SHARE aims to improve the economic and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, particularly women and girls, in developing countries, with a view to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. In addition to increasing engagement of Canadians in international development and key global issues, this project will aim to increase the performance of country partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative and environmentally sustainable development initiatives that advance gender equality, in support of the action areas of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Partner - Instituto de Desarrollo Urbano
The Urban Development Institute - CENCA is a non-profit organization specializing in territorial development, habitat and environmental improvement, gender and solidarity economy. It contributes to capacity building and the design of public policies and prioritizes its work with social organizations and local governments.Requisitos
Prestaciones Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending on country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication, and health insurance
- Pre-departure training, in-country orientation, and reintegration debriefing, including travel and accommodation (more details below)
- On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
- Please note that if you are shortlisted for the placement, you will be required to:
- Provide two Professional References and one Personal Reference
- Complete an oral assessment during your preliminary telephone interview in the language required for your placement
- Obtain a Police Check at our request
- Complete a full medical exam and be medically cleared by the Cuso International Medical Advisor prior to your departure
- Due to the COVID-19 situation, be double vaccinated in accordance with the World Health Organization-approved vaccines.
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Lima, Peru, K1R 6S4Peru
December 14, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME