2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Ruff Start Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Summary: Are you a skilled writing professional who is looking to make an impact on thousands of animals lives? Ruff Start Rescue is seeking a skilled communications volunteer to provide support and mentorship to our Marketing Communications Manager . The primary responsibility of the Copywriting Mentor is providing mentorship and support to the Manager in order to amplify Ruff Start Rescue’s storytelling potential. This includes assisting with the creation and implementation of well-written and compelling copy for marketing/communications materials across a variety of mediums/platforms and ensuring that messaging is consistent with brand identity, public relations strategy, and communications objectives. The Copywriting Mentor should have at least two years of experience with copywriting and storytelling in a nonprofit capacity in order to expertly communicate with our niche audience.
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week is to be expected
Reports to: Marketing Communications Manager
- Provide mentorship and work with the Marketing Communications Manager to guide their storytelling skills.
- Proofread copy and provide feedback before copy is published.
- Edit stories and act as a second set of eyes to catch spelling and grammatical errors.
- Ensure all key elements are captured in copy.
- Help refine Ruff Start Rescue’s brand story and voice.
- Availability to consult with Marketing Communications Manager via email, phone, and/or videoconference.
- Must be 18+
- 2+ years copywriting experience in a nonprofit capacity
- Experience with storytelling to drive an emotional connection
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public
- Reliable access to the internet
- Proficiency using Gmail and Google Drive preferred
- Experience with animal-related storytelling is a plus
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 12, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hours/week
- 2+ years copywriting experience in a nonprofit capacity Experience with storytelling to drive an emotional connection