Volunteer: Board of Directors - Financial Officer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Compathos Foundation
If you are a leader in finance, IT, education, marketing, or business development who is passionate about the arts, education and social innovation - we invite you to join our Executive Board. New Board members will be engaged guiding the organization to its full potential and next stage of growth through vision, community building, fundraising, promotional activities, and participation in quarterly Board meetings. Motivated Board members will be engaged in the success of the organization’s mission by stewarding committees and programs or by taking on assignments that fit their areas of expertise.
Core programs for 2022 - 2023 include:
- Sponsorship outreach for signature events
- Fundraising for projects, select films and film related causes
- Marketing, promotion and partner outreach for Films for the Planet a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars.
- Development and promotion of virtual film events, educational materials for documentaries and resources for communities to engage with film.
- 2-6 hours month, quarterly board meetings
- Experience in non profit accounting, fiscal sponsorship and fundraising helpful but not required.
Board Treasurer responsibilities:
- Financial oversight - assists in preparing and monitoring annual budget
- Reviews financials prepared by the CPA and reports to the Board of Directors on finances.
- Serve as the chair of the finance committee, ensuring the Board's financial responsibilities and policies are being followed.
- Experience in nonprofit accounting, with experience in fiscal sponsorship and sponsorship programs.
- Attends quarterly Board meetings and carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors via personal commitment to the organizations goals and objectives.
- Optional: Finance Committee members can also apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
737 Salvia CourtEl Dorado Hills, CA 95762
December 13, 2022