7 people are interested
Education Coordinator -- GATE Thailand
ORGANIZATION: Angel Covers
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
The GATE (Girls Advocacy Through Education) Program provides girls at risk of trafficking with the support they need to stay in school, including classroom expenses, school uniforms, shoes and socks; daily lunch and snack at school; textbooks and study materials; backpacks and school supplies; bus fare; and additional nutritional support as needed. We also provide food relief at home as needed. Supplemental programming focuses on trafficking prevention and other issues such as cyber safety, bullying, body positivity, gender-based violence, women’s rights in Thailand, and drug use. Supervised field trips may also be included, depending on funding. Once students graduate from high school, they are given the opportunity to further their education in vocational school or at university.
- Answer emails and other communications from sponsors and potential sponsors; set up new sponsorships as required.
- Once a student has been matched with a sponsor, email school and child information to new sponsor in initial report.
- Keep education director up to date about which children have been sponsored and which children should be placed on the website for sponsorship. Add and remove students from website as needed.
- Edit reports on schools and children when information is received from GATE manager in Thailand a minimum of 3-4 times per year, and email individual student reports to sponsors. Forward photos of children to the appropriate sponsors along with student reports. Track when these are received by coordinator and when mailed to sponsors in program database.
- Contact education director with any program progress, concerns, needs, etc. at least one week before AC board meetings.
- Work with GATE: Thailand manager to receive and properly identify photos. Create and maintain database of student photos; upload best photos to Dropbox folder for social media and website dissemination.
- Work with education director and social media coordinator to regularly promote the GATE program with information about the students, including needs, accomplishments, highlights, etc.
- Help design and/or write text for new webpages as needed, including adding and removing specific students in need of sponsorship.
- Maintain database of financial receipts from sponsors and dates that sponsorships are due to be renewed, and send reminders to sponsors prior to renewal date. Notify education director when accounts become delinquent.
- Assist education director with maintenance of program database of students and sponsors.
- Assist education director with grant applications as needed.
GATE: Thailand Coordinator Guidelines:
- Photos and information about specific children in the GATE program will only be provided to individual sponsors unless approved for website, social media, and newsletter.
- All communication shared publicly regarding the program (via social media or email, for instance) will be positive unless approved by the education director. Any negative information about the condition of individual children (such as difficult health news, tragedies, etc) need to first be shared with the education director before public dissemination. Any concerns that the coordinator has about the program and/or the students should immediately be taken to the education director. Further, any sensitive photos or information received regarding a child will be shared with the education director before being made public.
- Requests for changes in or additions to the program will be made to the education director.
- Confidentiality is essential and will be maintained at all costs. When in doubt, the coordinator will contact the education director.
- Sponsor updates and other correspondence regarding this program must receive prior approval by the education director.
- All email communication with donors must be done through the Angel Covers email address provided.
- All work-related information must be kept on a flash drive provided by Angel Covers, and considered the property of Angel Covers. In the event you are unable to continue as sponsorship coordinator, this flash drive must be mailed, registered mail, within 5 business days to the education director.
Qualified Candidates Will:
*Use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and/or Publisher, and Google Docs. Use of Photoshop or similar program is desired but not required. Line App is sometimes used to communicate with GATE manager in Thailand.
*Possess strong written communication skills.
*Work well independently and as a team member.
*Access high speed internet on a daily basis and respond to emails in a timely manner.
*Meet assigned deadlines when compiling reports.
* Be able to step into the role of GATE director if necessary.
This volunteer position will average 5-10 hours per week with preparation of quarterly reports, maintaining databases, and working with social media coordinator to promote the program occupying the majority of work.
About Angel Covers
P.O. Box 6891, Broomfield, CO 80021, US
Angel Covers is a volunteer run organization dedicated to caring for orphaned and destitute children around the world. We believe that each and every child deserves access to quality medical care, education, nutrition, and housing.
Angel Covers believes that every child is invaluable and deserves to have their basic nutrition, housing, medical and educational needs met so they can grow into their potential.
Angel Covers believes that a holistic approach to meeting these needs will lead to long term self sufficiency in order to break the cycle of poverty.
We believe that Angel Covers can best accomplish its mission by developing and using an all volunteer force including its staff, board of directors and all others working on behalf of Angel Covers. All of those who work for Angel Covers do so not out of obligation, but because they have a deep and compelling interest in helping under privileged children.
At Angel Covers, we value the donations made by our supporters and seek to maximize the value of the funds entrusted to us. We actively seek to minimize overhead so that as much money as possible is used to directly care for the children in our programs and provide tangible benefits for those we serve. We are proud that since the founding of the organization at least 97% of our donations have directly benefited the children and programs with which we work.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 12, 2022
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- An average of 5-10 hours a week but varies throughout the year.