5 people are interested
Garden Support Internship
ORGANIZATION: Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Internship Description: Olivewood’s Garden Support Internship is an opportunity to learn about organic gardening techniques as well as gain insight into the operations of a garden-based education program. The intern will work with the Director of Gardens and Facilities Manager and Garden Support Staff to assist with garden maintenance; including weeding, watering, harvesting, composting, and more. As an organization rooted in community, this role requires active participation in anti-racist work and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Internships are unpaid, however class credit is available.
Qualifications: We are seeking individuals with an interest in working with people, attention to detail, and an appreciation for the garden. This position is open to all majors. Spanish language proficiency is ideal, but not required.
09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Shifts take place Monday-Friday. Only 5 hours is required between 9am and 3pm.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
2525 N Ave, National City, CA 91950, US
Our Mission: Inspire youth and adults to be healthy and active citizens through organic gardening, environmental stewardship, and nutrition education. Our Vision: A community free of diet-related health conditions and a thriving environment. Olivewood’s purpose is to build healthy families and a healthy environment. We work with children, families and adults through hands-on classes in the garden and the kitchen.
Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center’s historic 6.85-acre property in National City, California serves as an interactive, indoor-outdoor classroom for children and adults from around San Diego County.
We are fortunate to be supported by a team of passionate and hard-working volunteers. Volunteers are not only integral to the success of our program, but they also help demonstrate to students the caring and commitment of their larger community. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about environmental and nutrition education; fresh, local food; working with children; community engagement; and hands-on gardening and cooking.
To Get Involved...
- Fill out a volunteer application (The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you after your application submission
- Complete a volunteer waiver
- Complete a background check
- Schedule a volunteer orientation
Open Volunteer Positions:
- Garden Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Volunteer Garden Science Assistant
- Volunteer Nutrition Assistant
- Special Events/Weekend volunteer
- Internship (college students and recent college graduates)
- Garden Support Internship
- Sustainable Urban Agriculture Internship
- Outdoor Education Internship
- Nutrition Education Internship
- School-Based Outdoor Education Internship
2525 N AveNational City, CA 91950
December 12, 2022
- Environmental Science
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 to 12 hours per week for a total of 120 hours.