2 people are interested
Treasurer and Chapter Leader
ORGANIZATION: SCORE SE Wisconsin
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
SCORE is a nonprofit, volunteer organization that helps small businesses succeed through free one-on-one mentoring and small group educational sessions. By working with SCORE you immediately benefit your community by improving your local economy through small business success.
We are looking for a volunteer Treasurer for the SE Wisconsin Chapter. As the Treasurer have primary and independent responsibility for the accounting, financial planning and financial reporting of the chapter. The Treasurer serves on the Executive Committee, participating in determining the direction of the chapter, setting and measuring goals, and creating positive culture. Most of the Treasurer work can be completed remotely and at your convenience. Estimated time commitment is 3-7 hours per week.
Duties of the Treasurer include:
- Serve on the Executive Committee (EC) helping establish and monitor progress toward goals, provide direction and establishing culture for the chapter.
- Create and monitor chapter budgets, approving reimbursement requests.
- Be the financial liaison to SCORE national, including quarterly online meetings.
- Complete accounting tasks as necessary, for example: banking, cash flow management, asset tracking, invoice processing.
- Attend and participate in monthly chapter meetings.
- Support members to create an engaged and energized volunteer team.
- Represent the chapter at client and community events as able and interested.
- Extensive experience in accounting and finance, CPA preferred.
- Well-organized to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Technical skills should include: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Drive and Gmail. Experience in Salesforce helpful but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Visit https://sewisconsin.score.org/volunteer to learn more about volunteering with SCORE and to submit your application. Please mention your interest in the Treasurer role in your application. Need more information? Contact email@example.com
About SCORE SE Wisconsin
310 W Wisconsin Avenue, #585, Milwaukee, WI 53203, US
SCORE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentoring. Our mission is to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE, America's premier source of free and confidential small business advice for entrepreneurs and small businesses, is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). We have over 300 SCORE offices across the country and 10,000 volunteers offering free business mentoring and low- or no-cost workshops.
For over 50 years, SCORE's thousands of working and retired business professionals have volunteered to support the success of small business nationwide. SCORE business mentoring is free and confidential.
- Free, confidential business mentoring in person, via email or by video
- Volunteer mentors who share their expertise across industries
- Free business tools, templates and tips online
- Inexpensive or free business workshops (locally) and webinars (online 24/7)
310 W Wisconsin Avenue#585Milwaukee, WI 53203
October 16, 2023
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- 3-7 hours per week, most of it flexible and at your convenience