1 person is interested
Dakota County Homework Helpers - Wentworth Library, West St. Paul
ORGANIZATION: Dakota County
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Homework Help Volunteers is a great program for students to get the extra help they need to succeed in school and you can help! Volunteers work one-on-one with students in grades K-12, assisting with homework assignments in any subject. Workshops are open-house style and allow students to come in at a designated time and place to receive assistance with their homework.
199 Wentworth Ave. E
West St. Paul, MN 55118
Volunteer training - December 2022
Program season: February 15, 2023 - May 24, 2023Wednesday Evenings 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mentor students with questions about their homework assignments in any subject.
- Connect them with library staff when library resources are needed.
- Build healthy relationships and trust with students who visit the library.
- Communicate with parents or caregivers when asked about student’s activities.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Must satisfactorily complete an interview and background check required for ages 18+
- Must provide own transportation to and from the library.
- Comfort interacting with students of all ages and from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with English Language Learners is an asset.
- Patience, flexibility, and willingness to use creative methods to help students learn.
- Strong English and writing skills
- Comfort with mathematics up to the 8 th grade level.
Minimum Time Commitment
Volunteers will be expected to volunteer 2 hours per week during the school year and commit to a minimum of 6 months.
Volunteers will receive basic tutor training at the beginning of their service, including a library orientation and overview of resources available to students.
Accessibility: This activity accommodates all ages and abilities. Seating is available for those who will need it. Building and event space is accessibility friendly. Click here for more information on accessibility services.
Adult Services Manager
Dakota County Library
1340 Wescott Rd, Eagan, MN 55123
About Dakota County
1590 Highway 55, Hastings, MN 55033, US
Building stronger communities through empowered volunteers.
Looking to lend a hand? We'd be happy to have you! Our volunteer opportunities run the gamut. Enhance the environment, influence struggling youth, encourage lifelong learning and so much more. The time you commit is in your control. Dive into a daylong event, volunteer in a monthslong program or help us out for years to come. No matter what you choose, you'll be building a better community. So go ahead, pick you passion and start feeling food about giving back.
Wentworth Library199 Wentworth Ave. EWest St. Paul, MN 55118
January 17, 2023
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteers will be expected to volunteer 2 hours per week during the school year and commit to a minimum of 6 months.