Do you have a loved one with a mental health condition? Do you want to help educate others?
ORGANIZATION: NAMI Mid-Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Illness, provides classes to individuals who have family members affected by mental health conditions. Family-to-Family classes provide information, resources and most importantly support to those in need! At NAMI, we believe that support from others who have had similar experiences can be healing.
We are looking for Family-to-Family Instructors. We will train you in our highly effective class model.
Here is some information about our Family-to-Family classes? Classes led by loved ones for loved ones.
- Course content is scripted and will be provided. Instructors read material, present videos and facilitate group discussion.
- Each group is led by two trained educators.
- Classes are two hours per week for 8 weeks.
- A weekend training is required. We will let you know about upcoming training dates.
Curious? Reach out to Morgan, at Morgan@NotAloneOhio.org and THANK YOU for being interested in becoming NAMI's partner in fighting the stigma of mental illness.
About NAMI Mid-Ohio
P. O Box 601, 814 Bowtown Road, Delaware, OH 43015, US
Dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy.
We advocate at the county, state and national levels for non-discriminatory access to quality healthcare, housing , education and employment for people with mental illness.
- Educate the public about mental illness.
- Work to eliminate the stigma of mental illness.
- Advocate for increased funding for research into the causes and treatment of mental illness.
We offer educational classes and support groups for people living with mental illness and their families and friends.
Multiple locations Mount Gilead, OH 43338
January 24, 2023
- Mental Health
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Orientation or Training
- This involves a weekend training followed by a weekly commitment of 2.5 hours per week for 8 weeks.