Digital Creation Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Note for all applicants:The organization will remain closed for Winter Holidays. During this time, the hiring process will remain suspended. However, all applicants are welcome to apply for this position. Interviews for selected applications will resume on 11th January 2023. Happy Holidays to all!
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization that is fully remote. Our organization provides children affected by cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support them with a range of self-expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums. This is an amazing opportunity to have a direct impact on improving the children's lives while also gaining valuable skills that can be utilized in your professional careers. You will gain experience collaborating with various departments and managing a team.
The Digital Creation Manager role supports A Free Bird by educating and directing the multimedia program volunteers. You will be in direct communication with the Human Resources team and the president on a weekly basis. This position is responsible for designing, creating, and editing content for internal and external stakeholders. In this position, you will support all teams by collecting, managing, and producing engaging content for distribution across all the organization's digital channels. Some projects you may be tasked with include the following: digital design for the website and communications team, fundraising campaigns, social media, and/or crafting artistic programs materials for the children we support.
• Support all departments in identifying, securing, and producing content for distribution across digital channels and to external vendors
• Update Brand Identity
• Liaising with clients to establish needs and providing support in respect of those needs
• Submit quarterly reports
• Hold mandatory weekly meetings with Department Director and team
• Assist in the running and management of events
• Design engaging and creative content for both marketing and fundraising campaigns
• Manage toolkits and content packages for partners and influencers to encourage broad engagement around major campaign launches and milestones
• Create layouts, CADS, vector objects, print files, and marketing materials specifically with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Produce 2D/3D motion graphics to support our programs
• Iterate on content based on stakeholder feedback and data
• Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience in Multimedia
• Ability to "story tell"; create compelling and meaningful output
• Fluency in tools such as Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe After Effects
• Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite to design infographics and other visual products
• Ability to visualize, conceptualize and design dynamic images
• Experience with illustration, editing, and production
• Capacity for video editing, including ability to cut clips from a longer video
• An entrepreneurial mindset - looking for someone to take an idea and run with it
• Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to volunteers
Benefits and Recognition
This virtual position provides schedule flexibility and the ability to work remotely from the comfort of your own home office. This is an exciting opportunity to improve upon your skillset and gain experience overseeing a department while managing and delegating tasks to a team. This virtual position provides valuable experience for multimedia and nonprofit management. Also suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector and anyone dedicated to the positive physical, emotional, intellectual, and artistic development of children and youth and supporting the community!
Our volunteers are highly valued members of the A Free Bird team and contribute to making a
significant difference in the successful execution of A Free Birds vision and mission, our advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives, and helping promote social change to support children’s artistic expression. A Free Bird will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete their volunteer placement.
This position requires a six-month commitment and at least 5-10 hours per week with the flexibility to plan your own schedule.
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH