Finance & Accounting Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Note for all applicants:The organization will remain closed for Winter Holidays. During this time, the hiring process will remain suspended. However, all applicants are welcome to apply for this position. Interviews for selected applications will resume on 11th January 2023. Happy Holidays to all!
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
In this role, you will assess department funding to build forecasts for quarterly and annual budgets as well as track and record the status of all contributions and spending in a deadline driven timeframe. By understanding every aspect of the operation, you will analyze the activity of each department to achieve optimal resource allocation. A critical responsibility of the role will be to document and update all nonprofit operational billing standards and financial transactions.
- Monitor the drafting and finalization of accounts receivable and payable, accuracy of billing and payment information, and invoice maintenance
- Communicate across departments to maintain monthly statements and balances
- Prepare monthly billing statements for the entire organization
- Identify and resolve invoice disputes and errors
- Work with the Business & Operations department on building quarterly and annual budgets
- 1-2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Experience applying financial acumen to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
- Bookkeeping experience with exquisite attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work in collaborative and individual environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK