Assistant Management Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Note for all applicants:The organization will remain closed for Winter Holidays. During this time, the hiring process will remain suspended. However, all applicants are welcome to apply for this position. Interviews for selected applications will resume on 11th January 2023. Happy Holidays to all!
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
The Administrative Assistant provides high-level support by conducting research, preparing reports, managing information requests, and performing other necessary duties.
- Serve as liaison between the President and department managers to ensure mutual understanding of objectives, tasks, and goals
- Proactively communicate with each department and monitor all operations
- Update calendars, agendas, and supporting documents on a daily basis
- Organize, store, and manage key files for the organization
- Coordinate and participate in department meetings and follow up on action items
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications
- Exhibits superior organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote.
Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK