Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Note for all applicants:The organization will remain closed for Winter Holidays. During this time, the hiring process will remain suspended. However, all applicants are welcome to apply for this position. Interviews for selected applications will resume on 11th January 2023. Happy Holidays to all!
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
We are seeking candidates for a paid Arts Therapist position to conduct arts classes with children at A Free Bird affiliated hospitals.
- Provide art therapy sessions for children 4-18 at AFB affiliated hospitals
- Provide written lesson plans to the Programs Director and/or Take Flight Programs Coordinator.
- Take pictures of the artwork done each session and send it to the organization as proof of the session taking place.
- Via Google form, fill out the pre-evaluation before each session and the weekly evaluation (indicating progress and goals) after each session.
- Notify the child life specialist on site if any child shows signs of behavioral issues, emotional distress, being bullied, or abuse.
- Communicate with the guardian and child, what the child will be learning, and what steps will be taken to get the child to see results and continue their interest in AFB.
- Prior experience of being an art therapist
- Past experience of interacting and working with children
- Exhibits creative ideas and a welcoming personality
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
539 Atlantic AvenueNew York, NY 11217
December 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK