Digital Fundraising Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Note for all applicants:The organization will remain closed for Winter Holidays. During this time, the hiring process will remain suspended. However, all applicants are welcome to apply for this position. Interviews for selected applications will resume on 11th January 2023. Happy Holidays to all!
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
This role consists of communicating with external stakeholders, such as corporations, arts-related organizations, foundations, and individuals. The fundraising department is responsible for raising funds through written solicitations, grants, events and research of prospective sponsors and/or donors. You will aid in developing fundraising activities to strategically raise contributions and performance monitoring.
- Research, identify and assess fundraising opportunities, such as partnerships, prospective donors, and grants.
- Update and maintain donor and sponsor databases, specifically using Salesforce NPSP
- Develop and coordinate fundraising events, both in-person and virtual events
- Coordinate communication and maintain relationships among all strategic affiliates, including but not limited to private foundations, trusts, and donors
- Collaborate across departments to create and collect materials for the organization such as brochures, newsletters, special projects, annual reports, etc.
- Track gifts and ensure "Thank You" letters and receipts are sent promptly and according to the organization policy
- 1 - 2+ years experience in related field
- Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, or Business Administration
- Experience with event planning, grant writing and/or donor management
- Track record of implementing and analyzing results-oriented initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, required for engaging with strategic affiliates
- Familiarity with virtual fundraising platforms and CRMs, such as Salesforce NPSP preferred
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 11, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK