Volunteer Board Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Joyful Smiles Thru FaithBoard Member
Purpose: To ensure JSTF makes prudent use of assets, including finances, human capital, and good will, through our purpose, mission, and vision.
Job Summary: Board Members are the general members of the organization who actively play a role in advancing the strategic goals of JSTF. These individuals are the foundation and backbone of the organization, assisting with the daily activities and operations. As such, Board Members are expected to attend regular meetings and at least three events per fiscal quarter.
Duties and Responsibilities: Board Members will assist in the general day-to-day operations within Joyful Smiles, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepares Kare Packages for disbursement to partners
- Aids in budget management, policy development, and setting and measuring strategic goals
- Supports the organization’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, and programs, while knowing its strengths and needs
- Serves on committees and in events
- Assists in recruiting new board members and volunteers
- Maintains the integrity of JSTF by following policies set forth in the by-laws
- Networks with the community to spread the word about JSTF and build relationships with potential donors
- Suggests, selects, and votes for nominees or candidates to be elected to executive positions
- Provides necessary feedback to the President on the performance of officers
- The candidate must attend three consecutive board meetings to be voted in as a general board member.
- All Board Members must make an effort to attend at least three events or activities per quarter (i.e. Kare Package deliveries, community outreach events, toy drives, etc.)
- Commitment to JSTF’s mission, vision, and purpose
Skills and Qualifications: Board Members are expected to have a broad range of skills to aid in the development of JSTF. These include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic Thinking
- Effective Communication
- Financial Expertise
- Technical Skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Preferred qualifications include:
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Demonstrated experience with any of the skills listed
- Financial certifications (CPA, CFA, etc.) or other business-related certifications
- Grant-writing experience
While JSTF prefers these skills and qualifications, we will take the time to review any and all applications.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Toledo, OH 43606
December 10, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH