Do you have a mental health condition and want to help educate others?
ORGANIZATION: NAMI Mid-Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are looking for people to teach our Peer-to-Peer classes! No experience is necessary! We will train you!
Peer-to-Peer classes are for people with mental health conditions and are led by people with mental health conditions. At NAMI, we believe that sharing experiences can be healing. Here is some information about Peer-to-Peer Classes:
- Instructors lead Peer-to-Peer classes for people with mental health conditions.
- Each class is taught by two co-teachers.
- Course content is scripted and will be provided. Instructors read material, present videos, and facilitate group discussions.
- 8-week commitment typically once per year. Classes meet for 2 hours each week for 8 weeks.
- A weekend training is required.
NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI started with a small group of families in 1979 and has grown to include more than 500 local affiliates. NAMI Mid-Ohio is one of those affiliates and provides support groups, education classes and presentations to the community in an effort to decrease the stigma of mental illness and improve the lives of those affected by a mental condition as well as their family members.
Curious? Reach out to Morgan, at Morgan@NotAloneOhio.org and THANK YOU for being interested in becoming NAMI's partner in fighting the stigma of mental illness.
About NAMI Mid-Ohio
P. O Box 601, 814 Bowtown Road, Delaware, OH 43015, US
Dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy.
We advocate at the county, state and national levels for non-discriminatory access to quality healthcare, housing , education and employment for people with mental illness.
- Educate the public about mental illness.
- Work to eliminate the stigma of mental illness.
- Advocate for increased funding for research into the causes and treatment of mental illness.
We offer educational classes and support groups for people living with mental illness and their families and friends.
Multiple locations Milford Center, OH 43045
January 24, 2023
- Mental Health
- Adult Education
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-week commitment, typically once per year. Classes meet for 2.5 hours each week for 8 weeks.
- Weekend training is required.