Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc.
H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc. seeks experienced, creative curriculum developer(s) to create and revise our community education curriculum.
As part of the volunteer team, you and a team of volunteers will design and create curriculum materials and develop any additional tools to help support the curriculum.
Through this process, you will also evaluate existing curriculums and help integrate new technology or adapt them into digital formats, such as google classrooms, NearPod and Pear Deck, and other interactive tools and LMS.
We are looking for various backgrounds and skills to help us on this project. This is a wonderful opportunity to create learning experiences and help shape youth, young adults, and families’ development.
Example of Duties:
- To create a curriculum with the following components: Course outlines
- Course Syllabi
- Lesson plans
- Classroom activities
- PowerPoint presentations
- Multimedia supplemental materials such as podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Collaborate with and take direction from the program lead, other HYPE curriculum developers, subject matter experts, and instructors
- Interview subject matter experts or conduct other research to develop instructional content The curriculum team may have to learn SME content due to availability.
- Participate and facilitate as directed curriculum review and subject matter advisory meetings, incorporating facilitation tools such as DACUM
- Differentiate instructional content or delivery methods for students and different classroom environments, levels, or types of learners
- Make recommendations regarding course design, technology, and instruction delivery options
- Evaluate and revise training materials such as texts, outlines, and handouts
- Conduct needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula
- Recommend instructional methods such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, and role-playing appropriate for content and learner characteristics
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives
- Develop measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction or training interventions.
- Develop manuals and guidelines on how to use training materialFacilitator, Recruitment, Directors, Coordinators Guide (s)
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Curriculum Designer, Instructional Designer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Ability to write clear instructional copy
- BSc degree in Instructional design, Educational Technology, or relevant field
- Knowledge of digital learning tools and the ability to select teaching methods appropriate for the industry and audience
- Proactive, collaborative, and flexible.
Time, Tools, Location
- We work off Eastern Standard Time
- We do not have set hours per week.
- We work off weekly check-ins. We expect you as a volunteer to manage your hours to meet check-ins.
- All Volunteering positions will be held virtually (Zoom)
- This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
- Meaning you can be located anywhere in the United States provided you have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- This opportunity is flexible. However, we will work on the deadlines needed to ensure successful deadlines.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1530 DeKalb Avenue NortheastAtlanta, GA 30307
December 8, 2022