Volunteer Treasurer at an Exciting Children's Charity - Open Heart Magic
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Open Heart Magic
Open Heart Magic (OHM) is a growth-oriented non-profit organization helping kids get stronger through Bedside Programs in Children’s Hospital. OHM has expanded to reach kids in twelve children’s hospitals in three states including University of Michigan Mott Children’s Hospital, Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Cleveland Clinic Children’s and University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital in Cleveland.
OHM has implemented strict financial processes with the help of previous auditors to make sure finances and processes are accurate, transparent and help provide strategic knowledge.
Open Heart Magic’s Board is looking to bring on a professional with a background in finance or accounting with financial planning and/or reporting experience as Board Treasurer to help support the financial growth of Open Heart Magic and the operational financial processes driven by OHM staff.
The individual selected for this role will serve as a volunteer member of the Open Heart Magic Board of Directors and the Board Executive Committee on a renewable two-year term.
The Treasurer will help review, and communicate the budget and financial plan of Open Heart Magic with senior operational staff and the Board of Directors in the following manner:
• Provide oversight to OHM staff to prepare and review the annual budget as well as review monthly financial reports for adherence to budget and appropriateness of expenditures and accounting to offer a third-party check with Staff Directors, the Board Executive Committee and the Board during meetings.
• Create presentation slides to provide an overview of finances to date to share with the Board and Board Executive Committee at the standing Board meetings and conference calls to show progress according to budget / plan and share insights and financial recommendations. There are four Board meetings, two annual calls and brief monthly Board Executive Committee calls.
• Provide third party oversight on larger expenses such as assistance with the annual staff compensation review with our HR Specialist Board Member and Executive Director based on compensation increased proposed by the Executive Director
• Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of Treasurer.
• Experience conducting financial analysis to support organization decisions.
• Understanding of financial reporting and ability to speak about an organization’s finances.
As a member of the Board of Directors, the Treasurer is also expected to assist in raising funds for the organization and helping make the Board of Directors gala successful.
Contact us if you have the passion to help hospitalized children get their magic back by submitting a resume or quick professional background summary with any experience serving on a Board of Directors to email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
67 East Madison StreetSuite 1504Chicago, IL 60602
December 8, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH