Content Writing Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Note for all applicants:The organization will remain closed for Winter Holidays. During this time, the hiring process will remain suspended. However, all applicants are welcome to apply for this position. Interviews for selected applications will resume on 11th January 2023. Happy Holidays to all!
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization allows children diagnosed with cancer to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in exploring a range of self-expression, such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing, and other creative mediums.
We are looking for a content writer with good writing skills for our public relations team. The content writer will be responsible for developing, improving, and updating content for internal publications, including blogs, articles, and social media posts.Responsibilities
- Produce well-researched content for all publications.
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization's mission to inspire ideas and content
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results.
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members to ensure the timely delivery of materials.
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a sample portfolio.
- An impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Strict adherence to the style guides of each company and their policies for publication
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with the company's brand image, products, and services
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 8, 2022