Log Gulch Campground Host
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are looking for friendly, customer-service focused campground hosts for Log Gulch Campground, located on picturesque Holter Lake near Wolf Creek, MT, between Helena and Great Falls. Log Gulch is an expanded amenity campground that includes large campsites, a boat ramp, a swimming beach, a group shelter and camping area and a dock system. The campground is open from May 1 to October 1, annually. Our busy season runs from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. The 72 overnight campsites are usually full during our busy season. The large, day use boat launch parking lot and swimming beach are also very popular. We use Recreation.gov to manage reservations at the campground.
What you need to know:
- We ask that you commit to being with us from the beginning of May through Labor Day but preferably through the end of September.
- You will work about five days per week.
- The number of hours worked daily varies, but 4 hours per day is expected.
- Your schedule would require that you work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- You must complete and pass a Federal Background Investigation with fingerprints.
- You would serve as a friendly, professional, reliable, fair, and knowledgeable representative of the BLM and our campground.
The BLM will reimburse each volunteer $30 for each full shift worked.
Start Date - 2023-05-01
End Date - 2023-09-30
Activities include: Campground/Site Host
Hosts Housing Amenities: RV/Trailer Pads
About U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management
760 Horizon Drive, Grand Junction, CO 81506, US
The Bureau of Land Management's mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
The BLM manages 245 million acres of public lands and 700 million acres of mineral estate. These public lands and subsurface acres are integral to the lives and livelihoods of communities and families across the country. We promote multiple-use on public lands to maximize opportunities for commercial, recreational, and conservation activities. This promotes healthy and productive public lands that create jobs in local communities while supporting traditional land uses such as responsible energy development, timber harvesting, grazing, and recreation, including hunting and fishing.
2205 Beartooth RdWolf Creek, MT 59648
January 7, 2023
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation
- People 55+