138 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Learning Buddies Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
138 people are interested
Learning Buddies Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping elementary school students develop essential literacy and math skills through free one-on-one, after-school mentoring in a fun group setting. We reach children who otherwise would not have the help they need. Our goals are to enhance self-esteem through improvement in academic skills and to ignite a passion for learning in a safe and caring environment.
- Complete the math/reading and volunteer manual training sessions
- Participate in the orientation during the first week of the programs
- Report to your Program Coordinator and Executive Coordinator
- Prepare lesson materials provided by the organization for each session
- Mentor your little buddy by using the lesson materials prepared
- Track your little buddy’s progress
- Attend mentor meetings
- Complete mentor reports
- Assist in volunteer recruitment
By volunteering with LBN, volunteers take on significant responsibilities and develop leadership, communication, and organization skills. You will have the opportunity to work directly with one child and develop a supportive mentoring relationship that will help foster building their learning skills, self-esteem, and a positive attitude.
- Applicants must be either enrolled in school or planning to attend
- At least in Grade 10 or above
- The mandatory training must be completed
- Volunteers must have a criminal record check done before volunteering with children
- Must be located in Canada or Continental United States
We offer both online and in-person programs.
How to Apply
Please Visit: https://www.learningbuddiesnetwork.com/mentor-application-form
For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Learning Buddies Network
PO Box 27544 RPO Oakridge, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4M4, CA
1. To provide free extracurricular tutoring through mentoring to elementary school children who are struggling with basic academics; 2. To improve academic skills, self -esteem and attitude to learning in these children through teaching, one-on-one mentoring and group activities; 3. To provide young adults a meaningful and rewarding volunteer experience with an opportunity to act as a role model to children and develop leadership and communication skills
Learning Buddies Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping elementary school students develop essential literacy and math skills through free one on one, after school mentoring in a fun group setting. We reach children who otherwise would not have the help they need. Our goals are to enhance self-esteem through improvement in academic skills, and to ignite a passion for learning in a safe and caring environment.
Learning Buddies Network inspires a love of learning one child at a time. Through the relationship that builds with their Mentor, the Little Buddy is inspired to work hard on challenging tasks. They soon take pride in accomplishments achieved through their own efforts. The result is improved academics and/or self esteem. We also see proud parents, grateful teachers and volunteers who grow in maturity as they share in the child’s pride and achievements.
Since the introduction of the Learning Buddies Network in 2008, we have helped nearly 5000 children from more than 30 schools and organizations across the Lower Mainland.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 24, 2024
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Once/Twice a week