7 people are interested
Become a Board Leader for Trusted Mentoring Program
ORGANIZATION: AOK Mentoring & Tutoring
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
The mission of AOK Mentoring & Tutoring is to enhance the successful academic and social development of Howard County children and youth through the encouraging, ongoing support of an adult mentor/tutor in Howard County Public Schools and other Howard County community programs.
We are seeking dynamic volunteer leaders who believe in the power of mentoring children and are willing to serve on our Board of Directors.
Read more about us here on our website: https://AOKMentor.org
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Each member of the Board of Directors is legally and morally responsible for governing AOK, providing financial oversight, and ensuring that the operations realize the organization’s mission.
- Together with other Directors and working with the Executive Director, determines AOK's mission and goals, establishes operating policies, approves long-range and annual program plans and budgets, oversees financial operations, recruits and evaluates the Executive Director, and provides for self-evaluation of the board itself.
Board Member Duties
- Understand and promote the mission and programs of AOK in the community and with potential donors. Each member of the Board offers perspectives on community needs and resources and serves as ambassadors for AOK's mission.
- Ensure the organization is fiscally sound.
- Identify and assist with the recruitment of new members for the Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership in developing partnerships, initiatives, or programs that add value to AOK.
Board Member Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in the mission and service goals of AOK
- Sufficient available time to regularly and consistently attend full board and committee meetings
- Belief that mentoring children can positively change the their lives
Board Member Commitment
- Serves a three-year term
- Attends Board Meetings and committee meetings
- Responds to requests between meetings
- Makes a personally significant financial contribution annually
About AOK Mentoring & Tutoring
PO BOX 871, COLUMBIA, MD 21044, US
Our mission is to contribute positive, ongoing support to Howard County students in order to enhance their academic, social, and emotional development.
AOK Mentoring & Tutoring is a nonprofit and official partner of the Howard County Public Schools that recruits, screens, trains, and oversees volunteers who mentor and tutor students in many county elementary and middle schools. Students are identified by school liaisons as children who could benefit from one-on-one attention. The Volunteer Mentor-Tutor visits with the student weekly during the school day, throughout the school year.
Ho Co school and community afterschool sitesColumbia, MD 21044
January 25, 2024
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/month, quarterly meetings