Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Access Community Capital FundAre you a retiree wanting to give your expertise to up-and-coming business owners? Are you an entrepreneur who is passionate about helping other entrepreneurs? Are you looking to use your skills to support emerging entrepreneurs and gain volunteer experience? Are you a recent graduate from a business, marketing, or finance program trying to build up your resume?If you answered YES to any of these questions, ACCESS needs you!
Business Coach (Topic Specific & Business Plan Review)
ACCESS Business Coaches play an important role in supporting clients who need help in developing and refining their business plans as well as developing specific skills to run their business more effectively. They facilitate small group topic-specific sessions and work one-to-one with clients. Business Coaches work with clients from the very early planning stages of their business as well as providing ongoing support as clients launch and grow their businesses. Upon receiving coaching, eligible participants have the opportunity to apply for a small business loan through the ACCESS Community Capital Fund.
Related Skills & Experience:
- Hands-on experience as a business owner/entrepreneur, with startups or advising small businesses and/or subject matter expertise relevant to supporting small business owners (e.g. online marketing, sales, product development, social media, accounting, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good listener, empathetic, patient, non-judgmental, objective and client-centric.
- Awareness of and/or interest/experience working with low-income and culturally diverse communities.
- Second language an asset.
- A minimum of 12 months involvement with ACCESS.
- For small group coaching, a minimum of 4 sessions per year (1 hour/session)
- Flexibility in time committed to working one-on-one with clients for business plan review based on their specific needs
Benefits and Impact
- Help ACCESS achieve its mission of eliminating barriers to achieve financial security
- Opportunity to connect and network with a community of like-minded professionals and entrepreneurs
- Empower individuals through the sharing of knowledge and skills
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
401 Richmond Street WestToronto, ON M5V 3A8Canada
December 7, 2022