Volunteer ESL Instructor (Intermediate Level)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA)
CIANA is looking for a volunteer ESL instructor to teach Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 10:30 to noon. Our classes are typically composed of 10-20 students whose English proficiency ranges from beginner to intermediate. You must be comfortable managing a diverse group of students and facilitating fun and interactive activities.
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
- Write and deliver English lessons that incorporate reading, writing, speaking, and listening components based on a curriculum
- Facilitate lessons on life skills and practical English in a fun and accessible way
- Collaborate with other ESL teachers on lesson development and execution
- Assist in tracking student needs and progress
- Consistent availability on Tuesday and/or Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Charismatic, dynamic, and interactive instruction methods
- Motivated to help students achieve their goals
- Competent in and respectful of cultural differences
- Students enrolled in a CELTA, TESOL, or TEFL program or retired teachers
- Passionate about advancing immigrant rights
- Fluency or bilingualism in another language (especially Arabic, Bengali, and Spanish)
Hours: 2-4 per week; flexible
To apply, please submit a cover letter, and resume to volunteer @cianainc.org. Or find out more about us on our website or social media and let’s chat: www.cianainc.org or @cianainc
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411Queens, NY 11102
December 6, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK