2 people are interested
Goats seek fingered individuals to grant write - City Grazing
ORGANIZATION: CITY GRAZING
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Dipper the goat tells me he wants help writing a VolunteerMatch post to look for a grant writer. That's an oddly specific ask, Dipper, but who can say no to that smile?
City Grazing is San Francisco's non-profit goat-powered landscaping company.
For over ten years, City Grazing’s herd of 100+ adopted goats have worked with a wide range of Bay Area schools, community organizations, municipalities, residents, and businesses. Our mission is sustainable land management and fire risk reduction through outreach, education, and implementation of goat grazing.
One of our goals for 2023 is to expand the educational aspect of our organization. That involves bring grazing goats to local school campuses, where they will graze for a week at a time to reduce fire hazards and provide opportunities for sustainability education to students.
Help us bring awareness of issues around climate change to city students and families by joining the team as a grant writer! Grant writers support the organization by researching grant opportunities and writing proposals with the support of City Grazing's Internal Committee. Climate change will only become an ever-increasing issue in our society, so we believe that creating environmental awareness at a young age is crucial in sparking the desire capacity, and innovation for widespread change.
What are the issues we are trying to help alleviate?
- Climate change
- Disconnection from nature
- Growing ignorance of our place in the greater ecosystem
- Sustainable land management: Creating safe enclosures to focus goats on grazing areas to remove fire hazards and invasive weeds and brush.
- Enhancement of habitat
- Building healthy soil
- Bringing joy to people
- Giving back to our often-ignored communities
- Stimulating awareness of humanity’s connection to nature
- Helping people recognize animals’ needs and intelligence, and their similarity to us
What are our strategies?
- Bringing goats to grazing sites, large and small, public and private
- Educating through demonstration
- Hiring from our least-resourced communities, finding those with natural talent and helping them develop needed skills
- Continuing to grow our volunteer program
- Social media saturation
- Adopting goats and telling their stories
- Developing a long term vision plan
What are our current capabilities?
- 92 goats!
- Incredible individuals creating an amazing team
- Networking with workforce training programs to to source local talent
- Vital social media presence
- Strong volunteer program
- 10 years of sustainable land management experience
What are our progress indicators?
- Continued growth of operations, donors, subscribers, volunteers
- Healthy goats
- Job satisfaction of employees
- Vegetation shift from invasives to natives at annually recurring sites
- Soil development at recurring sites
- Increased organizational efficiency
About CITY GRAZING
100 CARGO WAY, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94124, US
Sustainable land management and fire risk reduction via goat grazing.
City Grazing adopts retired dairy goats and other goats in need of a new home. We give them a new life as grazing goats. Our goat grazing program fights fires through risk reduction and provides sustainable land management, helping to eradicate invasive plants and support native California flora. We depend on our amazing team of volunteers and fundraisers to provide for the many needs and expenses of caring for 100 goats not covered by our grazing program.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 5, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18