Food Delivery Driver
ORGANIZATION: STREET LIFE MINISTRIES
Please visit the new page to apply.
Since the COVID 19 pandemic the need for food for families has increased and we have been thankful to be able to fill that need at our three locations serving food (outdoors) 5 nights a week
DRIVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Preparation
● Arrive at the van parking location early enough to ensure that food is delivered by 7:00
● Perform a visual inspection of the van to ensure safe, reliable operation
● Load food and drink prepared by accent cook and label containers
● Load utensils and supplies
Pick up main dish, when prepared at a location other than the main kitchen
● Arrive at the kitchen location
● Direct/assist in loading food containers into insulated containers and label containers
Drive to service location
Park in the preferred or designated location adjacent to the food service area
Check in and assist the table captain
● Report delivery specifics
● Identify food and storage locations
● Assist in moving food to the food service area until meal service is complete
Reload the van following meal service
● Return unused food to vehicle storage containers
● Collect and store utensils, etc.
Return to the main kitchen
● Refrigerate overflow food
● Empty and clean beverage container
● Clean utensils, etc. and return to appropriate locations
● Clean any spillage or trash in the van
● Return keys to designated location
Complete the driver’s report
About STREET LIFE MINISTRIES
901 MADISON AVE, REDWOOD CITY, CA 94061, US
will provide twice-weekly meals at each of our street locations in order to feed any who are in need. will promote Christian community at each of these gatherings through the teaching of the Word, breaking of bread, fellowship and prayer. will guide those in need toward spiritual, physical and emotional wholeness. will serve with compassion, respect, innovation, commitment and grace. will guide those in brokenness and need into healthy resources and choices through our community and ministry partnerships. will be an expression of God’s Kingdom on Earth with Christ followers and churches of the Peninsula, as living examples of the unity, cooperation and fellowship intended throughout God’s Church. will provide a safe and nurturing training group for Christians and others seeking to serve and explore gospel ministry.
Street Life Ministries ("SLM") is different than many "feeding ministries." It serves a unique role in the way it cares for the homeless and the hungry in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. Hot, home cooked meals transported to outdoor venues are less threatening to those in need, fostering an environment for relational connections to develop between servers and friends on the streets. These connections become the groundwork for guiding friends toward healthier decisions, medical assistance, detox, rehab, housing, mentorship and counseling-all contributing to a deep sense of meaning and purpose for those willing to invest. Each week we serve over 500 meals to men, women and children.
While not requisite to receiving SLM’s services, most come early to listen to a short Biblical message that frames the context for welcome and compassion. By creating an atmosphere of authentic human caring, serving times lead to transformational experiences for those served as well as those who are serving.
What transpires is a surprisingly authentic community where everyone leaves satisfied, including the more than 100 volunteers and partner organizations that make it all possible.
1300 Middlefield RoadRedwood City, CA 94063
December 2, 2022
- Bus/Van Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 6:15 PM -8:00 PM