Dog Transport Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Bark Rescue CA
Please visit the new page to apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill out this form: https://form.jotform.com/223341397120044
BARK Rescue CA is a startup 501c3 foster-based animal rescue organization based in Fremont, CA. As we do not have our own facility, we rely 100% on our fosters in order to save abandoned dogs from euthanasia and from the stressful shelter environments. We need volunteers to transport any of our dogs within the Bay Area for vet appointments, board & train, etc when our foster parents and foster coordinator cannot do it.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License (and be prepared to submit a copy of it to us when you sign our agreement)
- Must have a car & an unexpired car insurance
- Must be punctual. Punctuality is important especially when some of the dogs we pull will still be euthanized if not picked up by a certain time. We understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances happen and punctuality is not always possible. When punctuality is not possible, you must communicate this to our foster/transport coordinator(s) so we can communicate it with other related parties and/or plan around it if needed.
- Must be communicative & responsive. Other than what’s stated above about cases when punctuality is not possible, you must also communicate when your ETA, when you’re at the location to pick up the dog, and then ETA to the next destination where the dog is going. This allows for a smooth transportation operation.
- Must have some dog handling experience as not all of our rescue dogs are friendly (although some are).
About Bark Rescue CA
41041 Trimboli Way, Fremont, CA 94538, US
To help reduce the overpopulation of homeless pets by rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming abandoned and abused pets to loving forever homes
BARK Rescue CA is a 501c3 foster based animal rescue organization who aims to reduce the overpopulation of homeless pets. We also raise awareness about animal welfare topics such as debunking negative breed stereotypes
Multiple locations San Jose, CA 95101
December 1, 2022
- Transportation Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, depending on where you're transporting the animal from/to