DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Board of Directors Secretary
ORGANIZATION: NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COLLABORATIVE
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Who We Are
We are a national collaborative of survivors, advocates and other professionals with a BOLD vision to nurture healthier individuals, families, and communities by doing advocacy differently.Our Mission
To radically reduce the number of people being impacted by domestic violence and raise the national standard of advocacy through researching, developing, collaborating and implementing world class projects and programs.Our Core Values
- Be Courageous - Courage is the strength to pursue things even when it may be unpopular.
- Be Curious - Curiosity is the desire to learn and grow beyond what we already know, even when it may be uncomfortable.
- Be Collaborative - Collaboration is working together with diverse perspectives towards a common goal.
- Be Communicative - Communication is the vehicle that builds the bridges which allow us to thrive in all we do.
- Be Compassionate - Compassion is a concern and understanding for ourselves, others, and the greater whole.
- Be Credible - Credibility is knowing, showing, and being.
- Duty of Care - The duty of care is the duty to serve in a manner that is in line with reasonable skill and care.
- Duty of Loyalty - The duty of loyalty is the duty to act in good faith and put the interests of the organization before any personal interests or those of another person or organization.
- Duty of Obedience - The duty of obedience is the duty to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that furthers its stated purpose and is always operating in compliance with all statutes and regulations.
Board Secretary Role Description
Our Board Secretary works specifically with the organization's Board of Directors and its Chief Empowerment Officer.
Our Board Secretary has understanding and knowledge of NDVC’s vision, mission, and major goals. Understanding of how such a corporation functions internally, as most have a tax-exempt status under the law. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interact with board officials, directors and the key leadership staff/volunteers, all of whom come from multiple business or cultural backgrounds.Board Meetings and Minutes
Managing internal communications between the board and Chief Empowerment Officer. Preparing or keeping track of board meeting dates, meeting agendas and minutes from the meeting. Attends all board meetings to keep a detailed record of the board's actions. Actions sent to or shared with relevant board/staff/volunteers/partners as a recap of the events and the votes or decisions that transpired during the meeting.Key Role
Operates as the custodian of the corporation's records. This duty involves ensuring the organizational records are maintained according to law and are available upon request by authorized board members or executive leadership. This includes updating the organization's bylaws and maintaining its articles of incorporation along with keeping accurate and up-to-date records of its board minutes, financial reports and other important documents. Also manages the general communications of the organization's board of directors and its Chief Empowerment Officer.
Board Member Time Commitment:
- Our Board Secretary is expected to commit to invest 10-15 hours per month into the oversight, development, and pursuit of organizational/board/committee goals.
- Our Board of Directors meet once per month on the first Thursday of every month from 6pm-7:30pm Central Time
Additional Responsibilities and Requirements:
Our Board Secretary will also meet the same requirements as a traditional board member .
About NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COLLABORATIVE
PO BOX 314, KILLEEN, TX 76540, US
Our mission is to raise the national standard of advocacy and radically reduce the number of people impacted by domestic violence. We do this through researching, collaborating, developing, and implementing world-class projects and programs.
We are a national collaborative of advocates with a BOLD vision to nurture healthier individuals, families, and communities by advocating differently.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 10, 2023
- Office Reception
- Strategic Planning
- Administrative Support
- Human Resources Assistance
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 Hours Per Month
- A self-starter who is passionate about advocating against domestic violence.