Volunteer Administrative Assistant- Habitat ReStores
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Habitat for Humanity GTA
Habitat for Humanity GTA is a local organization with a global vision of a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. We mobilize communities to help working families build strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, donors, and community partners, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives for families in the GTA. Since 1988, Habitat GTA has built 25 new communities, providing a hand up to hundreds of families so parents and children can have a safe, decent and affordable place to call home. To learn more, visit habitatgta.ca
In support of Habitat for Humanity GTA’s homebuilding activity, we operate a network of social enterprise home improvement stores called Habitat ReStore. Our 11 locations across the GTA procure and sell new and used donated home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials. Proceeds from sales help cover the cost to build homes, which allows donor dollars to go directly towards our mission. The Habitat ReStore model reduces the need for the production of new furniture and further stress on our supply of natural resources. It extends the value of quality, new and used furniture and household items and limits unnecessary waste, decreasing our collective carbon footprint.
The Volunteer Admin Assistant for Habitat ReStores will coordinate the logistics of donations of home furnishings and renovation materials from generous individuals in the community. You will provide exceptional customer service and data management that is vital to achieving our vision of everyone deserving a decent place to live.
Why volunteer with us:
· Gain experience in customer service, data entry, logistics and Salesforce CRM
· Help others in your community and the environment
· Improve your resume, post-secondary and scholarship application
· Share your experience and skills
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Answer phone and voicemail inquiries, respond to emails
· Review images of prospective donor items; access and appraise resale value
· Handle inquiries regarding scheduling changes, updating our fleet schedule
· Data entry into Salesforce
What you bring:
· Strong command of English language & professional telephone manner is essential
· Proficient in MS Outlook & Office
· Reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to multitask and solve problems
· Experience in customer service, data entry or CRM software would be an asset
How to apply:
If you love working with people, are interested in making a difference in the lives of lower income families in the GTA and this role is a good match for our skill set, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Subject line Volunteer Admin Assistant- Habitat ReStores.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
155 Bermondsey RoadToronto, ON M4A 1X9Canada
November 30, 2022
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK