Elev8 Out of School Time Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Elev8 Baltimore
Mission of Elev8 Baltimore: Elev8 Baltimore partners with schools, families, and the community to ensure that every student is prepared for high school, college career and life. Mission of South Baltimore Adult High School: The South Baltimore Adult High School connects Baltimore city life-long learners with the tools and instruction needed to achieve their high school diplomas, progress along career pathways, and build a stronger, more vibrant city in which to live, grow, and raise their families.
Elev8 Liberation Statement: Elev8 Baltimore, the operator of SBAHS, works to create liberating opportunities for youth and communities that have been oppressed by white supremacist structures and systems. We build committed partnerships with other organizations to provide training and tools for youth to advocate for themselves and bring equity to their communities.
Purpose of the Role: To assist the program staff in providing high quality programming. The Program Volunteer will provide assistance in the execution of daily programming duties and responsibilities that help to maintain programming standards.
Tasks: Duties are to include but are not limited to...
- Taking attendance.
- Printing, filing, organizing, and disseminating information to parents, students, school administrators, etc.
- Assisting OST Staff during arrival and dismissal time; academic and enrichment time; recreation, supper, and snack time; field trips, etc.
- Assist with any parent engagement activities.
- Walking with students to different classrooms
- Disseminating snack
- Signing in and/or signing out students
- Being able to speak to students in a calm and affirming manner
- Basic computer skills, including use of email, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Willingness to work with students
- Organizational skills
- Punctuality and reliability
Schedule: The Program Volunteer can work on an as-needed basis as their personal schedules allows. We would like for someone to be available at least 2-3 hours on their volunteer day with the opportunity of working 1 - 4 days a week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Baltimore, MD 21225
November 29, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK