Share your career journey in mobile apps with Carlmont HS students!
ORGANIZATION: Carlmont High School
Please visit the new page to apply.
Speak to Carlmont HS Mobile Apps
- Who: A wide variety of people in CS! Let us know how you are using CS and how it applies to other subject areas or applications
- What: Speak to CHS students, share what you are doing, how you got there and the pros & cons of the industry.
- When: During 3* (10:24-11:14) & 4* (11:21-12:14), Monday, Tuesday, or Friday
- Where: 1400 Alameda de las Pulgas, Belmont, CA 94002 -- In person, please!
- How: Send an email to Faith Velschow (email@example.com) or Sign up here: https://forms.gle/3uiBdmghvKeoM8mUA
In the CHS Mobile Apps class, students will:
- learn to use the mobile programming language, App Inventor 2, to program Android tablets and smartphones. Students will learn how to design and build mobile apps, apps that are aware of their location, apps that send and receive text messages, and apps that give advice and directions.
- learn the fundamental principles of computer science.
- utilize many tools and apps from Google, including Google sites.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Carlmont High School
1400 Alameda de las Pulgas, Belmont, CA 94002, US
To provide skills and knowledge required for the biotechnology industry, developing a post-secondary plan for entry into STEM fields both in college and career.
The Carlmont High School Biotech Institute is a small learning community with a focus on biotechnology education and experience. This unique program allows students to engage in workplace learning with cross-curricular projects to investigate real-world problems. The curriculum includes classes in English and Social Studies from a perspective of science and technology as well as laboratory skills in our state of the art classrooms, to prepare students to study biotechnology or other sciences in college.
We work closely with professionals in the biotech industry to expose students to the myriad of opportunities in this growing and exciting field.
1400 Alameda de las PulgasBelmont, CA 94002
November 28, 2022
- Mobile Programming
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Problem Solving
- In just 2 hours, present to 2 different classes and inspire the next generation of coders. Would love to show a variety of applications of CS and how it can be applied to different industries.
- A good sense of humor, flexible, and enjoy speaking to teenagers.