ORGANIZATION: Volunteers in Medicine Clinic
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers in Medicine Clinic Hilton Head Island is looking for Volunteer X-ray Technicians who are licensed in South Carolina.
X-ray Technician's Responsibilities:
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using VIM onsite x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients as per provider’s orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
08:15 AM to 11:15 AM
Monday - Friday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Volunteers in Medicine Clinic
15 Northridge Dr, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926, US
The primary mission of Volunteers in Medicine Clinic is to understand and serve the health and wellness needs of the medically underserved population living and/or working on Hilton Head and Daufuskie Islands.
For nearly 30 years, Volunteers in Medicine Clinic has been providing free health care on Hilton Head Island. The relentless efforts of our founder, Dr. Jack McConnell, have ensured that everyone in our community has access to free, compassionate, quality-driven health care.
Our dedicated team of caring volunteers all share common qualities. These individuals enjoy interacting with a variety of people and have made a commitment to helping others who are in need while serving with concern and compassion. Our volunteers have positive attitudes and a sense of humor. All of our volunteers conduct themselves with dignity, courtesy, kindness and consideration while working in a professional manner.
15 Northridge DriveHilton Head Island, SC 29926
September 25, 2023
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hours per volunteer shift. Scheduling at least a month in advance is helpful. A weekly commitment is not necessary, but also helpful.
- This is a volunteer position, but a SC X-ray Technician license is required. VIM Volunteers are required to have proof of COVID vaccinations. We are also currently wearing masks in the Clinic.