6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: CROSSING PARTY LINES INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Reports to: Top Leadership
Do you want to change the way America does politics?
Put your storytelling where your heart is and help us bring our proven method for talking across the political divide to 50 states. Craft the narrative to help bring the nation together! Use storytelling to break through toxic political polarization!
- Help the Topic Development team develop weekly Discussion Topic materials
- Write blog posts and op-eds, either alone or in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Provide writing support and guidance to the web and social media teams
- Capture the heart of events
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Understanding of how audience impacts storytelling
- Work closely with the Executive Director
- Onboarding will be done by the Executive Director in conjunction with the staff
- Help change the way America talks about politics
- 5+ hours per week
- 1 year or more anticipated commitment
About CROSSING PARTY LINES INC
57 W 57TH ST 4TH FL, NEW YORK, NY 10019, US
The Crossing Party Lines mission is to create open dialogue between Americans with dissimilar ideologies in order to increase tolerance, build communities and encourage civic engagement. We serve all Americans, regardless of socioeconomic status / ethnicity / politics / age / gender / religion.
Crossing Party Lines (CPL) provides opportunities, training, and support for civil, respectful discourse between Americans with dissimilar ideologies. Our primary offering is the CPL meetup: regularly scheduled, facilitated meetings to which all are welcome. At our meetups, attendees discuss current hot topics while facilitators focus the meetings to teach and model skills and create a safe space for members to:
- Be heard by and listened to by people with different political views.
- Express views without negative repercussions.
- Learn from one another through active listening.
- Develop curiosity about perspectives that may be new and unfamiliar to them.
- Find connection with members who espouse different views.
- Develop skills required for civil, respectful discourse.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 31, 2023
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18