1 person is interested
Hotline & Special Projects Mentor
ORGANIZATION: Mentor's R Us Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Hotline and Special Projects mentor will serve as a call in resource for individuals who primarily seek support via telephone but in special projects will be a in person mentor. Mentor's provide developmental services to underprivileged children and youth within the community. Mentor's effectively help youth with organization and routine development that will facilitate completion of daily responsibilities. This is completed by creating actions plans and following-up with goals set by mentor's. Examples of basic life skills may include life skills, interpersonal skills, social skills, hygiene, shopping, proper nutrition, cooking, conflict resolution skills, faith talks, money management, and any other unique challenge. Mentor's also make connections to vocation, educational resources, and other community resources as needed.
- Must be readily available to assist callers
- Excellent listening skills
- Provide callers with positive guidance
- Act as a coach or teach life lessons for mentee's
- Develop personal and positive rapport with youth.
- Provide caller with information from various sources
- May be responsible for driving.
- Creating goals, action plans and checking benchmarks.
- Must be 24 years or older
- Must be in Monroe County or surrounding counties
- Clean background check.
- Valid PA drivers license
- Able to work in the US
- Must have a smartphone
- Clean driving record
- Willingness to travel up to 50+ miles
- A small financial requirement (TBA)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a high level of patience
About Mentor's R Us Inc.
At Select Locations, Scotrun Estates, ScotRun, PA 18332, US
Mentors R Us Inc. (MRU) is 501 c3 Christian non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth & adults by modeling sustainable life skills through engagement in hands on experiences. What sets MRU apart from other non profits is our commitment to effective service, relationship building & our unique program designs. All are welcome to volunteer!!!!!
MRU acknowledges that Inspiration can unlock the keys to hidden potential in youth and adults. Our Programs match real world experiences with dreams that seem unattainable.
This program promises to improve relationships, self-esteem, social & life skills, emotional stability, morals, health and spiritual awareness. Mentor's and Mentees meet in teams for extra support. Activities are pre-arranged by topic to create the most beneficial environment for the youth and the Mentor.
MRU's Independent Living Program: Mentor's & Mentee's will share living quarters as MRU's philosophy expand to the home base. Mentee's will transition through the program in approximately three years until they gain their own independence into society.
Check out our website and social media for information on our other programs!!!
Multiple locations Stroudsburg, PA 18360
September 6, 2023
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- Hotline shifts will be rotating on a 12 hours basis
- Work will primarily be remote with the accessions of special projects.