13 people are interested
Become A Board Member with Plus One
ORGANIZATION: Plus One Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
The Plus One Foundation mobilizes resources to inspire hope and enrich the lives of those affected by neurological conditions.
Volunteering with Plus One Foundation helps individuals establish connections in the community and serve as leaders; our nonprofit encourages our board members to discover and build on their talents while sharing their knowledge with other volunteers. The nonprofit encourages collaboration and creativity within the board to ensure we grow and expand our innovative aspirations.
We believe that compassion, dedication, and inspiration of Seattle’s emerging leaders can be a tremendous, positive force in the neurological community. Our vision is a thriving organization of engaged individuals that empower one another to succeed and achieve fulfillment in their lives. Partnering with Plus One helps individuals by providing meaningful opportunities for them to accomplish physical and emotional development in their lives.
As Plus One lays the foundation for the future, we are seeking outstanding board members to help pioneer our impact.
- Know and evaluate the organization’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs.
- Serve in leadership positions and undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically.
- Bring goodwill and a sense of humor to the board’s deliberations.
- Support the organization’s financial health through your personal commitment and by supporting fundraising activities.
Serve a minimum of two years. Following a two-year term, board members may renew for a second two-year term.
Meetings and Events
- Attend, prepare for, and participate in regular board meetings.
- Attend, prepare for, and participate in Committee meetings. Committees include, but are not limited to: Board Development, Finance, Marketing + Communications, Fundraising. Serve as a Plus One ambassador at major programs and events.
- Notify the Executive Director in advance of meetings and events when unable to attend. Consistent absences, particularly without prior notification, may lead to removal from the board.
- Ask questions at board and committee meetings with your conscience and convictions, while supporting majority decision on issues decided by the board or committee.
- Maintain confidentiality of the board’s executive sessions, and speak for the board or the organization only when authorized to do so.
Board members should consider Plus One their top philanthropic priority.
- Implement fundraising strategies and provide a yearly fiscal contribution.
- Fundraising strategies include, but are not limited to, the following: procuring event items or donations, recruiting corporate sponsors, participating in our wave program, and hosting a personal event.
- Read and understand the organization’s financial statements and exercise prudence when making budgetary decisions.
- Select the Executive Director and annually assess the Executive Director’s performance.
- Work with and assist the Executive Director to promote and encourage effective organizational planning.
- Maintain independence and objectivity when discussing and voting on board decisions.
- Never accept (or offer) financial favors from (or to) anyone who does business with the organization.
- Ask questions and raise concerns as they arise either in group board discussion or privately with Executive Committee member(s) or the Executive Director.
- Ability to: listen, analyze, think clearly, and work well with people individually and in a group. Adhere to the principles of conflict resolution to reach positive solutions: listen actively, assure fairness to all parties in conflict, accept responsibility, and use direct communication to focus on the future of Plus One.
- Willing to: prepare for and attend board and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility, and follow through on a given assignment, contribute personal and financial resources in a generous way according to circumstances, open doors in the community, evaluate oneself, be inspired, be authentic, share visionary ideas and new approaches, demonstrate personal and professional skills.
- Possess: honesty, sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive, and patient approach, community-building skills, personal integrity, a developed sense of values, concern for your nonprofit’s development, a sense of humor.
Contact to learn more or apply: email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Plus One Foundation
3213 W. Wheeler St., #372, Seattle, WA 98199, US
The Plus One Foundation mobilizes resources to inspire hope and enrich the lives of those affected by neurological conditions and educate the community about related issues.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), neurological disorders affect up to one billion people worldwide. They affect people in all countries, irrespective of age, sex, education or income. We have a lot of work to do and we need your support.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 26, 2023
- Public Relations
- Legal (General)
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- 4-8 hour/month