9 people are interested
Create and Lead Cultural and Historical Pub Tours for Travelers
ORGANIZATION: Hostelling International Chicago
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The HI USA PUB TOUR allows our travelers to engage in a common social activity that allows an opportunity for them to learn more about the community and each other. The primary purpose of a PUB TOUR is to expose guests to new locations within our community and have conversations with other guests.
As the PUB TOUR volunteer, we ask that you ensure your program provides opportunities for guests to learn and share history, culture, and perspectives. When leading the PUB TOUR, we require the following:
- Each establishment you visit must have: A unique history/story that gives insight to the local culture, and/or inclusion of historically underrepresented / diverse perspectives of the city - this could be represented by neighborhood, clientele, ownership.
- The tour must include questions and/or activities that encourage conversations and/or reflection among the guests. Some examples include asking guests if they have locations with a similar history or inviting guest to share their favorite pub traditions!
By adding these elements into the PUB TOUR, we can ensure that our guests are getting an experience that is FUN, but also gives them an opportunity to gain a better understanding of our community and different perspectives!
We are looking for a 3-hour pub tour on any of the following evenings : Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays or Sundays.
PURPOSE/DEFINITION and HI USA MISSION
HI USA is 501(c)(3) non-profit education association. Our purpose is to "inspire a deeper understanding of people places and cultures for a more tolerant world." As a non-profit, the revenues we receive through overnight stays and memberships is reinvested in mission delivery.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH HI USA?
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Help bring people together and facilitate cultural exchange
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication, and more
- Earn HI USA membership and overnights at HI USA hostels
- Training provided and flexible schedule
- Have fun while making a difference!
Select the opportunity from this list https://hiusa.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/hiusa/projectList.jsp and then click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
About Hostelling International Chicago
24 East Ida B Wells Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, US
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
HI-Chicago brings the world to Chicago. It is the spectacular downtown hostel that is part of the international organization HI-USA. HI-USA is a nonprofit international organization that fosters intercultural learning and exploration through travel and education. Our worldwide network of over 4000 hostels hosts over 32 million overnight stays per year.
24 East Ida B. Wells DriveChicago, IL 60605
August 16, 2023
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for a 3-hour pub tour on any of the following evenings: Mondays, Thursdays, Saturdays or Sundays. (recurring)
- TO APPLY: Select the opportunity from this list https://hiusa.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/hiusa/projectList.jsp and then click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page.