6 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
A table staffed by knowledgeable representatives of Humane Action Pittsburgh can educate the public about HAP’s mission and campaigns, raise awareness of the importance of animal and environmental advocates becoming politically involved, gain new HAP members, build email list, and increase social media following..
Purpose of the Position
- Ensure high public visibility for HAP within the community
- Promote HAP campaigns and advance animal protection by growing HAP membership though education and engagement of new people to the organization
- Help HAP achieve our common goal of building the Model Humane City.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport literature and tabling supplies. Coordinate the pick-up and drop off of materials as necessary
- Correspond with event organizers regarding details, such as tables and chairs needed and potential speaking opportunities
- Engage visitors at the HAP table and encourage them to sign up to receive information
- Send data to supervisor
- If unable to answer a question from the public, obtain the answer from HAP leadership after and follow-up.
- Respond to HAP leadership emails and calls within 48 hours
- Attend HAP’s monthly leadership meeting and other meetings as needed
- Share and support HAP’s mission and core values; adhere to HAP’s policies
- Other duties as needed
Training on HAP’s core values, mission, and policies, including orientation on campaign missions and status.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- An outgoing personality and eagerness to meet new people
- Ability to present yourself in a friendly, professional, and non-partisan manner
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions, and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Trello or a willingness to learn
Time Commitment Required
Minimum of four events per year, events vary in time but usually 2-4 hours long, may need to travel to pick-up or drop-off supplies. Many events occur on evenings or weekends.
- Monthly one-hour, virtual leadership meetings
Location varies; typically within the City of Pittsburgh. Internal HAP meetings are typically virtual.
- Professional dress required for professional meetings (if any). If attending an informal event on behalf of HAP, we ask the volunteer to purchase a HAP T-shirt for $7.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Put your excellent people skills to work helping further animal protection issues!
- Know you are key to making a difference in the betterment of animals.
- Opportunity to meet new people and network with community members and volunteers
- Be a valued HAP team member
- Build your resume
Natalie Ahwesh, Executive Director
Shannon Dickerson, Director of Operations
What Volunteers Can Expect From HAP
- Support of HAP leadership and members
- Respect and appreciation for your contribution and input
About HUMANE ACTION PITTSBURGH
1307 TOWNE CT, ALLISON PARK, PA 15101, US
OUR VISION is a world without animal suffering where all beings are treated with compassion. OUR MISSION is to advance the protection of all animals by empowering people to affect change through education, policy, and community action.
SET THE STANDARD By educating the community on the most pressing animal issues of our time and recommending common sense solutions that decision-makers rely on, we set the standard in animal protection. We advance our cause with proven methods -progress over perfection, changing course when needed, being prepared, and staying well connected.
BUILD TRUSTED RELATIONSHIPS Effective advocacy happens by building relationships grounded in cooperation and a shared vision. HAP values inclusivity and professionalism.
FOSTER EMPOWERMENT We set high expectations and achieve them by working with exceptional people who bring their wide array of talents and passion for animal well-being. In order to develop a free and creative culture, we respect the opinions and ideas of others. We are committed to our team and fulfilling our mission by supplying the tools for individuals to become remarkable leaders and advocates.
CREATE COMMUNITY We are stronger together. Collaborating with colleagues, sponsors, legislators, and community leaders, we find that animal protection is well within reach.
DELIVER RESULTS We establish ambitious, clearly defined goals, and work in a systematic manner to realize our objectives and create positive outcomes. We measure our success by our ability to protect animals.
123 Pittsburgh StreetPittsburgh, PA 15201
May 15, 2023
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Varies based on number of events. One hour long virtual meeting per month and at least 4 events per year (4-6 hours per event)