17 people are interested
Spring 2024 Holisticare Hospice Public Health Internships Opportunity! In Person Only!
ORGANIZATION: Holisticare Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
Holisticare Hospice's Public Health Internship Program gives you insight into the hospice world within the health care arena! You will have the ability to connect with our field staff of nurses, chaplains and social workers, community partners, and our patients and families!
Please note - We only provide internships to students who are required to participate in one based on your college/professor’s internship requirements. This unpaid internship opportunity is in person only and for those who are able to drive to our Toms River New Jersey office.
- Internship includes shadowing and supporting the administrative staff internally at our Toms River office.
- Attending staff meetings
- Event Planning and More!
Some Benefits Include -
- Building your resumé - volunteer/interning experience shows proof of motivation, commitment, initiative, dependability, and flexibility
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Increase meaning and purpose in your life
- Experience significant opportunities for growth and development
- Connect one-on-one with the community, patients, and their families
Interested applicants must adhere to the following requirements -
Must have liable transportation and be comfortable with driving to our Toms River office daily.
Complete Holisticare's volunteer orientation, medical requirements, drug screening, and background check, prior to start of internship.
Please note - the onboarding process takes about 1 month to complete, prior to start of internship.
****Please Contact Volunteer Coordinator, Vellus Campbell via email at email@example.com for more information!***
09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Interns can assist in our Toms River office staff anytime between 9am and 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Holisticare Hospice
1268 Route 37 West, Suite 2, Toms River, NJ 08757, US
From its inception, the mission of Holisticare Hospice has been to ensure that end-of-life care envelops the patient, their caregivers, and their families with spiritual and physical comfort. Forgoing curative treatment and opting for a palliative approach allows hospice care to be provided where the patient lives, surrounded by family and friends with the support of experienced healthcare professionals.
Hospice is a type of care and a philosophy of care that focuses on the palliation of a terminally ill patient’s symptoms. These symptoms can be physical, emotional, spiritual or social in nature. Hospice care is provided to people that have a limited life expectancy and choose comfort and relief from pain and other symptoms.
1268 Route 37 WestToms River, NJ 08755
June 23, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Our internship's time commitment is based on your college and professor's internship requirements.
- Interns must be COVID 19 Vaccinated and Boosted and have reliable transportation to visit patients at their homes, in long term care facilities, and to the Toms River New Jersey Holisticare Hospice Office.