Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation
The Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation is looking for committed individuals to join our Volunteer Educator program. Volunteer Educators are trained to lead House & Studio Tours of the historic spaces at the Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation.
Apply by filling out the Google Form: https://forms.gle/ofRPD167EDXo5Z8Z7
About the Foundation
The Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation, located at 526 LaGuardia Place in New York City, stewards an extensive collection of over 12,000 objects that includes Chaim Gross's sculptures, drawings, and prints; a photographic archive; and Gross's large personal collection of African, Oceanic, Pre-Columbian, American, and European art that remains installed in the townhouse as Gross had it during his lifetime.
The Foundation's mission is to further the legacy of Chaim Gross through high-quality research, exhibitions, and educational activities around our historic building and art collections for audiences in New York City and beyond. For more information, please see the Foundation's website: www.rcgrossfoundation.org
You will be contacted by mid-December if selected for an interview. The interviews will take place on-site at the Foundation in December 2022 and January 2023. Applications close December 2, 2022. Thank you in advance for your interest in the Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation's Volunteer Educator Program.
Volunteer Educator Program Description
The Renee & Chaim Gross Foundation is looking for committed individuals to join our Volunteer Educator program.
Training consists of a multi-month educational program that includes required readings and sessions with Foundation staff, outside scholars, and current Volunteer Educators. Following the training period, Volunteer Educators will lead public tours.
Our unpaid Volunteer Educator program requires a two year commitment at minimum.
Volunteer Educators should plan to attend all training sessions. These are currently scheduled for Wednesday evenings in early 2023. We also require that volunteers be available for a minimum of 2 House & Studio Tours per month, excluding July and August when the Foundation does not offer tours to the general public. House & Studio Tours are approximately one hour long, and Volunteer Educators are expected to arrive at least 15 minutes early to prepare for the tour. We also ask Volunteer Educators participate in other events if available.
In order to qualify for the program, applicants must be able to lead tours on Thursdays, Fridays, and/or Saturdays -- in accordance with our generally scheduled tour times. Tour times are subject to change with prior written notice.
Current tour schedule:
Thursday at 3 and 6 pm
Friday at 1 pm
Saturday at 1 and 3 pm
The Foundation stresses that it is not necessary that you be an expert -- but you must enjoy studying and learning. You must be comfortable speaking in public to diverse audiences. Successful Volunteer Educator candidates exhibit and value intellectual and aesthetic curiosity.
1. Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
2. Applicants must feel comfortable using the stairs while giving tours and be able to stand for an hour at a time (the average duration of a tour). There is an elevator for those who need it, but we encourage Volunteer Educators to lead tour groups up and down the stairs to get from floor to floor. Additionally, the historic studio, an integral stop within the Foundation’s tours, is only accessible via a flight of stairs. If you cannot fulfill these physical requirements but would still like to be involved in the volunteer program, please reach out to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In response to COVID-19, the Foundation requires that all accepted applicants provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to enter the building. Accepted proof of vaccination includes the NYC COVID Safe app, NYS Excelsior Pass Plus app, paper copy of vaccination card, or a photo/scan of the vaccination card. Accepted vaccines include FDA approved vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Janssen) as well as those on WHO’s list of authorized vaccines.
4. All visitors, staff, and volunteers are required to wear a mask during their duration of time onsite at the Foundation.
5. Applicants must be willing to undergo a background check.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
526 LaGuardia PlaceNew York, NY 10012
October 28, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH