105 people are interested
Become a Champion for Women & Girls - Volunteer with Together Women Rise
ORGANIZATION: Together Women Rise
Please visit the new page to apply.
105 people are interested
Join a powerful community making a difference for women and girls around the world!
At Together Women Rise, we believe that every woman and girl deserves the opportunity to live freely, pursue her dreams, and reach her full potential.
A Together Women Rise chapter is an easy, rewarding, and fun way for you to make a difference. As a volunteer chapter leader, you will:
- Learn about issues affecting women and girls on a global level
- Support projects that empower women and girls in low-income countries
- Meet and connect with other amazing women and allies in your chapter and across the U.S.
- Feel part of a community of fellow changemakers both locally and globally
As a volunteer at Together Women Rise, you will know that you are helping to change the world for women and girls. And right now, this work is more important than ever. Due to the global pandemic, millions of girls are out of school and may never return. An estimated 47 million women and girls will be pushed into extreme poverty and there have been shocking increases in teen pregnancy, child marriage, and gender-based violence.
Every woman deserves the fundamental human right to live freely and pursue her dreams. We believe that gender equality is achievable, and that determined women together in community can achieve anything. We know big changes are possible when we see the innovative, women-led work that’s making a difference in countries all over the world. Come change the world with us!
About Together Women Rise
PO Box 25633, Greenville, SC 29616, US
Together Women Rise cultivates the collective power of community to achieve global gender equality.
Together Women Rise is a powerful community of women and allies dedicated to achieving global gender equality. We have hundreds of local chapters across the U.S. where members learn about and advocate for gender equality issues, give grants to organizations that empower women and girls in low-income countries, and build community to forge meaningful connections that increase our strength and collective impact.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 16, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Being a chapter leader does not require a big time commitment. Most chapter leaders host one meeting per month, with 1-2 hours of planning time. Fewer than 10 hours per month is required. We recommend serving a minimum of two years.
- Each chapter leader has the flexibility to create and develop their own chapter meeting format, and to determine the size of the chapter. Meetings can vary from lunches or dinners in homes, to gatherings at workplaces, churches, or schools.