14 people are interested
Volunteer with BloodworksNW as a Donor Experience Specialist!
ORGANIZATION: Bloodworks Northwest
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
The Donor Experience Specialist will serve as a member of our Donor Services team to facilitate a positive environment and donation experience for our blood donors at collection centers.
- Greet and welcome blood donors; direct them to registration
- Monitor donors post-donation to ensure their safety and wellbeing
- Observe donors for adverse reactions and immediately alert staff if reactions occur
- Encourage the donors to stay for at least 10 minutes in the canteen
- Provide and restock refreshments and snacks in the canteen
- Ask questions to determine how donor is feeling
- Facilitate rebooking future blood donation appointments with our staff and donors
- Educate the donors on the blood products and uses for patients
- Interact with the blood donors creating a positive customer engagement experience
- Thank each donor for their efforts to support patients in our community
- During busy time periods assist with donor flow, by asking donors about Quick Pass completion, returning tablets to docking stations and directing donors on where to wait for the next stage in the donation process
- Partner with our Blood Collections staff to meet the needs of our donors and community partners /Ambassador for Bloodworks by promoting volunteering and blood donation on social media and other community engagement activities
- Assist with sanitizing high touch point area
- Strong desire to help and serve others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and dependable
- Enjoy working directly with people, including both donors and staff
- Mobility necessary in order to serve refreshments
- Completion of application, background check and position training
All days available, 1-4hours per week, Monthly commitment
About Bloodworks Northwest
921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, US
Saving lives through research, innovation, education and excellence in blood, medical and laboratory services in partnership with our community.
Bloodworks Northwest: Because blood works miracles every day. As a unique, hybrid provider of health care services for the community, we collect, test and distribute essential, lifesaving blood to nearly 90 hospitals in the Pacific Northwest. We’re transfusion experts who consult with physicians. We’re also medical professionals who deliver clinical care to patients with blood disorders and disease. We’re scientists at specialized laboratories who support patients and surgeons at organ transplant and cancer treatment centers. And we’re a respected Research Institute studying everything related to blood. Here are some of the ways we’re saving lives every day:
Your Community Resource For Lifesaving Blood-With the help of a 250,000 registered donors in the region, Bloodworks NW collects about 900 units of blood each day. All blood receives immediate, comprehensive testing so that it can be available to 90 regional hospitals - usually in less than 24 hours after donation. We operate 11 donor centers and our mobile units travel to hundreds of blood drives every month at work sites, schools, churches, and other community locations throughout Western Washington.
Volunteerism-Bloodworks NW benefits from the dedicated work of volunteers. Our volunteers make a real difference and a vital contribution to help save lives, gain work experience, build skills, earn community service hours and feel justifiably proud about giving back to those in need.
Multiple locations Eugene, OR 97405
December 6, 2023
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-4 hours per week; Blood drives happen everyday; Shifts available at our center