Public Health AmeriCorps
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: L.A. Works
Public Health AmeriCorps (PHA) is a joint force created by AmeriCorps and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to support the recruitment, training, and development of the next generation of public health leaders who will be ready to respond to the nation’s public health needs by providing volunteers to support in state and local public health settings and advancing more equitable health outcomes for underserved communities.
- By joining Public Health AmeriCorps at L.A. Works, you will be placed with one of our nonprofit partner organizations to serve for 12 months and tasked with a public health project such as: conducting needs assessments, creating health education, supporting community outreach, and providing health and social services navigation. There are two types of positions available based on your availability: Full-Time (40 hours/week) and Reduced Half-Time (~14 hours/week).
- January 23rd, 2023 - January 22nd, 2024 (members can finish earlier if the hour requirements are completed earlier)
- Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- Reduced Half-Time (~14 Hours a week)
Benefits of Public Health AmeriCorps
- Living Allowance - Full-time members receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses. Reduced half-time members do not receive a living allowance - ONLY an education stipend.
- End of Service Award - Full-time members receive the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $6,895. Part-time members receive the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $2,626.
- Healthcare Benefit - Full-time members have the option to be enrolled in AmeriCorps Health Insurance plan or can potentially qualify for Medi-Cal.
- Professional Development - Receive in-person and virtual professional development opportunities from L.A. Works and Public Health AmeriCorps throughout the year.
- Child Care - You may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under the age of 13.
- Remote Work - Remote and hybrid positions are dependent on host site.
- 18 years or older (no upper age limit) with High School Diploma/GED
- U.S. citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
- Able to fulfill the service hour requirements over one calendar year
- Pass a national service criminal history check
Choose Where To Serve
- Each nonprofit partner organization is working on a public health project with programs focused on either capacity building, health education education and awareness, crisis response, community outreach, health and services navigation, or emotional regulation skill building. Interviews happening now for the January 2023 Cohort!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Los Angeles, CA 90065
October 25, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME